Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the bell drifter half helmet. I kind of like the look a little more than my HJC half helmet. Just wondering what kind of quality, fit, style you can expect. I think the price ranges anywhere from $60.00-$90.00. Any pics of you wearing would also help to see what the fit would be like. Will have to order as there are no dealers that carry this helmet near here. Thanks for all the wisdom out there! By the way I still haven't quit smiling over the new 1600 classic! I think my face is frozen in a silly a$$ grin!!:wink:

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
I tried some on at a local store. they were very nice, but very wide.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Hey Man O' have you tried (of all places) Wal-mart? I know the ones I have been to in AZ are carrying the Bell Helmets, which models are hit and miss, I have mostly seen the short like half or open face or F/F.

Might be worth a shot man.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I started out with a drifter. It is definitely wider than most half helmets but then you get good protection from it (no first hand knowledge there). They provide alot of velcro pieces to adjust the fit. The sizing is right on with most other helmets.

Dave

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wear a drifter helmet. I just had to get use it wanting to ride back on my head at speeds above 65 or so. Even at nearly choking yourself tightening the chin strap. When then wind gets up under the helmet it wants to choke you anyways. At least that's what it feels like. I'm looking into the Scorpion helmets.

·
Black, Chrome, & Leather
108 Posts
I have one that I painted olive drab. It has that old military helmet look about it, but it is a lot wider and larger than you would think. I also agree that it tends to catch a lot of wind and the chin strap will make you feel like you're strangling if you cinch it down enough to keep it from blowing back. It's a cool looking helmet when it's not on, though. In contrast, I bought a Vega half helmet , just a plain jane undressed skid lid, and it fits better, doesn't choke me, stays put even at high speeds, and has a minimum "mushroom" head effect. Here's a pic of my Bell Drifter:

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
I wear a drifter helmet. I just had to get use it wanting to ride back on my head at speeds above 65 or so. Even at nearly choking yourself tightening the chin strap. When then wind gets up under the helmet it wants to choke you anyways. At least that's what it feels like. I'm looking into the Scorpion helmets.
Sounds like the helmet might be a bit large?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts