Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I had a little spill last saturday on the freeway. I'm fine but my bikes right handlebar instert is bent. It wasn't really a crash, just more of a slide so the rest of the bike is virtually fine other than some cosmetic scrapes on the front fairing and muffler. I was wondering if I would simply be able to bang out the kink in the bar insert or if i should just order a new one? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Pull off the bar and have a machinist bend it back or just get a new one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump...

....just want to know if anyone has ever attempted to straighten the handles out themselves, and how they did it. I would rather not pay for something that I might be able to do on my own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Heh...metal fatigue.

Not sommat I'd play with - bending it out...I'd wager seeing how people bend exhaust systems for good ol' cars would be a nice start.

Spend some money for handlebars that you don't fear, or ride around always wondering if it'll fail or be a big factor in how you ride...not worth that, IMO.

Cash can be replaced, your life/security/happiness can't. I'd take the 'loss' first.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i would second that, i rode around for ages with a bent bar, you get used to it ;) however a replacement isnt expensive. Look about on ebay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts