Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YAMAHA YZF-R6

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the best 2008 600cc sportbike. Wife wants to move to a 600 and want to get opinions/experience before purchase!

·
Registered
55 Posts
not really a gsxr fan, but I think it's cool how the new 600 has the tri-mode selector, meaning you can limit power way down if you're a newb and then raise it with skill level.
My pick for a 600 has to be the '08 R6. beautiful bike and plenty of power.

·
Registered
807 Posts
How tall is your wife?

The Gixxer has the lowest seat height IIRC. Couple that with the tri-mode selector, and it looks to be the bike to beat.

If it were me, I'd probably take the R6 though.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wife is 5-5 120

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Why did you leave off the Triumph Daytona 675? It ate lunch on all the other bikes in the class on a track test from what I've read -and it's about $8k. Not to mention it is drop dead sexy.

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
Ok yeah...the 675 is by far the best 600 I've ever driven/owned. I've taken all the 600 out to the mountains and I can't describe you the difference a euro 600 is to a japanese 600! For some reason that 675 just makes you feel something special and the smile you have on your face will never leave you.

But out of those choices...I choose the cbr...I hate honda's but I can't believe how much better it felt then the old 06 cbr600rr. Don't know about the new gixxer and the new throttle body control of the r6, but if it's anything like the 07's then I still think the cbr600rr is the better japanese 4. There's also something about kawi's 20lbs add on and 20hp down on that makes me not even look at the kawi...all I can say is that I'm happy I bought the best bikes of their year!

Also, if your wife is 5'5 I say good luck to her trying to reach the ground on any 600. I'll guarantee that she won't touch down on the r6 and 675 that's for sure!

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
fretbuzz said:
Why did you leave off the Triumph Daytona 675? It ate lunch on all the other bikes in the class on a track test from what I've read -and it's about $8k. Not to mention it is drop dead sexy.
Add another one in the mix! The Street Triple is pretty fine looking too, though w/ a naked styling of course.
Wife is 5-5 120
She might want to consider getting it lowered, but the more I ride the more ppl I meet who are considerably under average height and who ride some very tall bikes. One guy is no more than 5'4" and he's got a slew of tall bikes ranging from a Beemer 1200 to a couple of Triumphs.
I think, like anything, it's a matter of comfort... not everyone can flatfoot their bikes, but if you're confident and a good rider, I think you can ride anything if you want.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Add another one in the mix! The Street Triple is pretty fine looking too, though w/ a naked styling of course.

She might want to consider getting it lowered, but the more I ride the more ppl I meet who are considerably under average height and who ride some very tall bikes. One guy is no more than 5'4" and he's got a slew of tall bikes ranging from a Beemer 1200 to a couple of Triumphs.
I think, like anything, it's a matter of comfort... not everyone can flatfoot their bikes, but if you're confident and a good rider, I think you can ride anything if you want.
True dat.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I voted for the 600RR...given the choices. I would have voted for the 675 without a doubt if it was on the list. The 600RR would be a pretty close second though. I have been reading that they are doing some major improvements to the R6 and am curious to see how it will stack up to the mighty cheater and the CBR. Now if only they still had the 636! :mrgreen: :biggrin:
-S

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I am somewhat prejudice since I own a black 07 675, but everything I've read here is very true. It is probably the best sport bike I have ever owned. People often ask me what the biggest difference is and I have to say it has the unique ability to make you feel like it has it's own personality.

Sounds corny I know, but it's true.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Style wise I like the new zx6r in green the best. Then I would say the 675, but that to me isn't a true 600, even my 636 isn't truly a 600 but its close enough. Buy what fits best and feels right. All the bikes have more power nowadays then anyone really needs.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I agree with the general consensus - Triumph Daytona 675.

The 07 6R just doesn't do it for me (boy am I glad I got my hands on a 636 :biggrin:), the other bikes all have their quirks (Honda efficient but lacking character, R6 power delivery all at the top end, Gixxer a great all-rounder but perhaps lacks some character as well)... if I had to get another "600" machine right now the 675 would undoubtedly be my choice.

Unless you want to throw a pearl-white Ducati 848 into the mix :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Why all the "R" supersports?

Some others to consider would be the CBR600, ZZR600, FZR600 and... well to be honest I dunno what Suzuki's 600cc street bike is.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I will have to check the 675...good feedback thank you

Wifey right now is SOLD so far on the 2007 CBR600RR in Pearl white/silver

But I will look into the 675...of allthe 600 class, she fit the best on the Honda, and was flat footed.

We all know that self-confidence of your machine is critical...

More to follow and thank you , esp ladies forthe feedback, as this will be her first sport ride!

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
Well I will have to check the 675...good feedback thank you

Wifey right now is SOLD so far on the 2007 CBR600RR in Pearl white/silver

But I will look into the 675...of allthe 600 class, she fit the best on the Honda, and was flat footed.

We all know that self-confidence of your machine is critical...

More to follow and thank you , esp ladies forthe feedback, as this will be her first sport ride!
I was reading that the triumph 675 is one of the smallest sport bikes in its class. And I quote "it was built for munchkins" :lol:. My girlfriend liked the sound of that - she had to have her 250 lowered lol.

EDIT: I obviously read wrong :p I so sorryyy :frown:.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts