Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys & gals although we all love or kawi's dearly i love to see a real nice chopper built from scratch.

I love the old school look of Yaffe's bikes and the mean bad *** look of Roland Sands creations so i'd go for a combination of the two.

If only i had a spare $100K

Anyone else have a favourite?

·
Barrett Motorcycle Repair
202 Posts
my personal favorite is the living legend Arlen Ness or Denver's choppers puts out some amazing rides , I don't think I do to bad of a job either both bikes below were built by me , I've built alot of harley's but I will always revert to the metrics ...............

first pic is of a Z1 900 in one of our complete frames total cost $5400 to build
second is a customers Roadstar that only uses the back half of the roadstar chassis and the front half is custom , total cost $10,500

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
my personal favorite is the living legend Arlen Ness or Denver's choppers puts out some amazing rides , I don't think I do to bad of a job either both bikes below were built by me , I've built alot of harley's but I will always revert to the metrics ...............

first pic is of a Z1 900 in one of our complete frames total cost $5400 to build
second is a customers Roadstar that only uses the back half of the roadstar chassis and the front half is custom , total cost $10,500
Why such a dramatic difference in the price?

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Indian Larry -he's gone but his bikes remain.

·
202 Posts
Why such a dramatic difference in the price?
all of the prices include the purchase of the motor donor bike the Z-1 cost $1200 to buy and the roadstar cost $3600 to buy , that and the fact that the roadstar is a lot heavier and more torquey so thicker materials were used , also the Z-1 is all paint by me even the frame is painted with lots and lots of clear the roadstar is powdercoating and a custom painter did the tins.

The Kaw is mine and the Yamaha is a customers , i'll cut corners on my own lol but not when i'm spending other peoples money

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Both the Z1 and the Roasdsta look great, good job my friend. Cheap build costs compared to the UK too. Should export to the UK, you's make a load of cash.

Oh then there's import tax. Darn it.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
all of the prices include the purchase of the motor donor bike the Z-1 cost $1200 to buy and the roadstar cost $3600 to buy , that and the fact that the roadstar is a lot heavier and more torquey so thicker materials were used , also the Z-1 is all paint by me even the frame is painted with lots and lots of clear the roadstar is powdercoating and a custom painter did the tins.

The Kaw is mine and the Yamaha is a customers , i'll cut corners on my own lol but not when i'm spending other peoples money
Geez...I like yours better than the customers!

·
202 Posts
Thanx guy's I really appreciate the kind words , NCDave thanx man that bike has been in that trim for 12years and it's on the rack right now the frame and rear fender will be chrome getting rid of the spring blocks in the rear and sending the new gas tank to renker boats to have the flake process done like you see on their bass boats

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
... as I said, I was standing right there...

·
Registered
886 Posts
1) Indian Larry
2) Billy Lane
3) Chica
999999999) OCC. No hang on, I rather drive a Volvo station wagon than own their crap!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts