Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't listen to music that often when I ride; I usually just prefer to have the wind and the street sounds to keep me company.
But when I do fire up the iPod, I love cruising to Steve Ray Vaughn, B.B. King, Eric Clapton, and the like.
When "Couldn't Stand the Weather" comes on, it's like the bike has wings....

What do you enjoy listening to, if you listen to music.
And please, don't say talk radio....lol

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
I purchased a Slacker radio a while back and listen to it quite a bit. Exclusively while on the bike.

Mostly Chris Thile-type music. Excellent musicianship. Makes the miles roll by. From Nickel Creek to solo albums to Punch Brothers.

I will probably be the only guy here to say pick that type of music. If you have never heard them, pull up Song for a Young Queen or maybe Sometimes on youtube.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have XM radio on my bike and its usually on a classic motown station or smooth jazz station..

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased a Slacker radio a while back and listen to it quite a bit. Exclusively while on the bike.

Mostly Chris Thile-type music. Excellent musicianship. Makes the miles roll by. From Nickel Creek to solo albums to Punch Brothers.

I will probably be the only guy here to say pick that type of music. If you have never heard them, pull up Song for a Young Queen or maybe Sometimes on youtube.
I'll have to give them a listen. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
I have XM radio on my bike and its usually on a classic motown station or smooth jazz station..
Is it a portable one with a built in antenna? Have any pics or links to it online? Thanks.

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it a portable one with a built in antenna? Have any pics or links to it online? Thanks.
I have that XM from Panasonic. Works great. Have it mounted on a Ram mount on the bars plugged into my UNiQ cycle amp via the 1/8inch jack. I can post some pics tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Classic blues, (B.B. or the Wolf) classic rock (Allman Bros, CSN&Y,CCR) classic jazz (Oscar or Sarah V; please, no Kenny G) classical music (Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries) classic American Song Book, and the odd alt band, Muse or Incubus or Snow Patrol.

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Classic blues, (B.B. or the Wolf) classic rock (Allman Bros, CSN&Y,CCR) classic jazz (Oscar or Sarah V; please, no Kenny G) classical music (Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries) classic American Song Book, and the odd alt band, Muse or Incubus or Snow Patrol.
wow, that is one varied and eclectic music selection. I'd like to hear your play list one day. All great choices. Very cool!

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
steppenwolf,born to be wild, night hog, bob segar,turn the page! classic rock!:smile:

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
Everything from Dave Brubeck, The Ventures, Bill Black's Combo, Frank Sinatra to Kansas, Black Sabbath, Grand Funk and all in between. Even have some
Swing music from Tommy Dorsey and other bands of the 40's. Even have one and only one rap song and that is Tone Loc's Funky Cold Medina. All the rest of rap is plain junk and trash as is hip hop.
I have over 800 songs on my ipod touch. I will set it on shuffle...you never know what the next song is.
Rode today with the ear buds on underneath the helmet.

Lucky...

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
Everything from Dave Brubeck... Bill Black's Combo... swing music from Tommy Dorsey and other bands of the 40's....

I'm impressed! Not many Dave Brubeck fans around, nor the others listed. I loathe "mainstream" music. That's why I bought the Slacker.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Best tunes for me: Pro Pain - Slayer - Suicidal Tendencies anything with a great hard riff...... have a 100 watt Shark amplifier, and they all sound great while cruisin' local streets... highway is a bit tough, but then again I like to hear the road when I am doing 65 +.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I certainly respect all of your decisions to have music on your rides, but for me, I have never cared for it. Now, granted, I haven't tried. For me, going out on a nice long ride is a time for disconnect. I do carry my cell, but that because the better half insists.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I used to have an XM receiver, but now I listen to XM on my Blackberry OR Pandora (like slacker but free) Flynet (am bands stations) and then if out of network (strange it still happens) a couple of the 8 gig capacity of stored music.

Haven't listened on the way to and from home from work for a while and its been a bit since we went on a long ride BUT on longer trips, hours in the saddle, the music will keep you more alert then just the sound of the pipes droaning on, though it's nice to stop the music and listen too every once in a while.

To each his own AND we're all allowed to change at any time.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts