Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the Baron Sport Floorboards and I was wondering if anyone has tried these. My girl says her legs are getting cramped on longer riders (I told her to wrap them around me, but she didn't go for that ;-) Anyway, I digress... They are pricey but look like they will provide a longer leg extension than the Kuryakyn ones I now have. Any input? What other brands have people tried, especially on a 1600 Classic.
Thanks

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
I put Cobras on my 1600 right off the bat for my wife's comfort. She likes the ride A LOT better. If you are ok with the look, they are a very easy install and do what they are supposed to do.

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree the Cobra's are nice looking and I'm sure they are well made. My concern is they install in the same location as the stock pegs. I'm trying to get some that allow the leg to go more straight so her knees aren't bent so much. The Baron's state they are adjustable, but I don't know how much or which direction. I'll probably have to make some custom bracket that lowers the ones I have.

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
I agree the Cobra's are nice looking and I'm sure they are well made. My concern is they install in the same location as the stock pegs. I'm trying to get some that allow the leg to go more straight so her knees aren't bent so much. The Baron's state they are adjustable, but I don't know how much or which direction. I'll probably have to make some custom bracket that lowers the ones I have.
Kuryakyn has a ton of relocation adapters...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had the Baron's adjustable floorboards on my 1500 and my wife loved them. They were definitely more forward (by a couple inches) and out a little, compared to the stock pegs. The adjustment on them is the angle. You can have them more level with the ground or angle to toe up 15 or so degrees. Boards are definitely more comfortable than pegs, but if your girl is complaining of being cramped, I'd think the Baron's ones will help that more than the others.

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly. I have those boards, but the tech at Kuryakyn said the offsets won't work with them - only with pegs. Something about possible bending because they are to skinny for floorboards and not supporting the board enough. He said I could buy them but they wouldn't be returnable if I used them with the floorboards and damaged them. Oh well. Maybe I'll just let her suffer. lol

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
Exactly. I have those boards, but the tech at Kuryakyn said the offsets won't work with them - only with pegs. Something about possible bending because they are to skinny for floorboards and not supporting the board enough. He said I could buy them but they wouldn't be returnable if I used them with the floorboards and damaged them. Oh well. Maybe I'll just let her suffer. lol
Would this one help?

Küryakyn

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
I have a set of Jardines on my 1500, my passenger liked the pegs where they were but wanted a bit of room to move her feet around. The boards actually moved her feet out a lil' but she's says they are perfect doesn't feel as much heat from the exhaust, She's only 5'2".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.