Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just picked up a 2006 Vulcan Classic about a week ago. I love the bike, but the previous owner removed a lot of stock items (helmet lock, vulcan emblems, etc). I am looking at trying to replace some of them, but would like to find a place that sells used parts. I have done some looking online, but nothing yet for my bike. Any pointers, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Flanman

·
Registered
294 Posts
Flanman, Ojisan here, I also ride an 06 1500 Classic, beautiful machine in both looks and performance.

After market parts and plain Kawi parts you have to be careful as you ride the 1500FI, the body styles changed (slight changes) and have found that not all listed parts fit. When buying parts, especially from E-bay try and buy items taken off the same bike and ask for the kawasaki part number if it is not listed. I have seen a lot of nice parts taken off of older 1500 bikes but will not fit the newer bikes.

Nice time for us to ride out here in the south west, looking forward to a Christmas ride to the border for Christmas tamales.

Ride safe

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advise. I have already seen some suttle differences in the different models. The previous owner of my bike put on a back rest that looks like it was not made specifically for my bike (he drilled a hole in one side of the brackets). I will eventually replace that. If you ever need someone to ride with for a day trip let me know :)

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
I have a set of Vulcan emblems off of my 07 VN1500 Classic if you are interested...

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
BOB'S used cycle parts. He is located at 1325 E. Elwood St just off 16th St in Phoenix. Take I-17 to 16th St exit. Turn left cross the river, first street is Elwood. Turn right.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Flanman, That is a great looking bike and the rider looks as cute as a bugs ear, part of the bling that comes with the bike? LOL

Didn't think of Bobs parts place, thanks deeppurple.

Would love to get all the AZ riders together for a holiday putt to somehwere south....................Hot toddy by the cactus or something PM me if interested same to all the AZ riders on the forum

Ojisan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts