·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Every dog has it's day...
1,113 Posts
Any other opinions?

I bought some throwovers, but they're just not going to work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought leatherlykes when I purchased my 2001 1500 Vulcan. Bags are now 8 years old and look as good as the day I bought them. Am extremely satisfied with them and would definitely buy them again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To the leatherlyke owners, after your bags start looking a little tired and start to fade somewhat, here's a tip to keep the bags looking like new. Purchase a can of S-100 engine brightener. Your local Harley dealer should have it. About 8 bucks a can and a can will last quite some time. Clean your bags to remove the dirt and road grime. Let bags dry. Make sure bags are thouroughly dry before applying the S-100. Spray the S-100 on the bags and lightly buff with a soft lint free cloth. Bags will look like new. Have been using the S-100 on them for 8 years and no problems. They look as good today as when I purchased them. S-100 will not remove the scratches or dings, but will restore the lustre. S-100 renews black engine cases, cylinders. Rejuvenates dull plastic and rubber. It's also high temperature and detergent resistant. Good stuff and no, I am not a dealer for the stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts