Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any pitfalls from buying a new bike from one place and taking it to another for servicing? I don't know if they would "hold it against you" on the servicing side if you bought it a few towns away for a better purchase price. Any experiences/opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

·
Registered
271 Posts
my thoughts are use who you trust.
After just buying my bike new In September, and just having that same dealer do a minor repair under warranty, I will say I'll never use them for anything ever again. I got a decent deal on the New bike,
but from a service view, I say they stink. I'll do it myself or go elsewhere.
Alot of dealers think they are doing you a favor.
Should be a Priveledge for them , to take your money.
I won't mention the dealer. But I'm sure the locals know who he is.

just my .02

Dave

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Buy the bike where ever you want. The service dept. is only as good as the best wrench in the shop. If you have warrenty issue's any dealer will fix it right if the wrench is any good. A good dealer in your neighberhood (service wise) will have to be answered by some one living around you. Just buy the bike where you want an ride it. These vulcan's are pretty much bullet proof an the need for service won't be brought up much.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I did just what you are facing. I bought my 1500 in one state and have had it serviced at my local dealer. The only "service" however was to replace the tires at 16,000 miles. Other than that, all I have had to do is change oil and put on accessories, which I have done 100% myself.

I second the words put up in the previous replies to your post.

T-man

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

same as T - i bought the 1600 from a dealer in ohio and service it here in fla
they treat it like its one of theirs - but i have a good dealer also :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts