Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on another board and it's a little disturbing. Apparently you can pick ALL Kryptonite locks with a BIC ballpoint pen. WTF?????? I haven't tried it yet but you're **** right if you think that I'm stopping by Target on the way home from work to get some pens and trying it out.

Bike Forums U-Lock clicky

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one of the EV locks and am rather upset about seeing this on another board earlier today. Does anyone know if the NY lock has any known problems? It is supposed to be pick proof. I figure that the NY would be a good back tire lock (currently using the EV there) and the EV could go up
front in combo with a thick chain. Too bad the EV doesn't fit through my holes in the front. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, that's awful! I live in an appartment building so we only have an open parking lot. Everyone who has a bike parks it infront of their cars (bike is between front bumper and the fence) and has a Dowco cover. The only security measure I can take is locking it to the fence... with a U-lock and chain. I guess it might stop a thief being that the bike is super hard to get to with all those cars in the way.

But that lock picking thing... SICK!
Anyone have better ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts