Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock: If it is below freezing and you happen across some roadkill, be very very careful. The blood will freeze and become some dreaded red ice. Stay clear. If it happens to be a deer that has recently met its demise, the ice patch can be very large and be spread out far from the kill. :shock:

·
Registered
340 Posts
never thought of that, but then again I wont be riding when its that cold =(

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Roadkill rash!! Ewwwwwwww

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
In Arkansas and Tennessee they say "Roadkill . . . UMMMMM!!!" Hehehe!!:biggrin:
And Monkey County, North Carolina.

Technically its name is Montgomery County, but we call it Monkey County b/c people there haven't evolved to a higher life form yet. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Joking aside, I read where Tennessee has a program where they take fresh roadkill deer to homeless shelters for food. Maybe not such a bad idea.:smile:

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Joking aside, I read where Tennessee has a program where they take fresh roadkill deer to homeless shelters for food. Maybe not such a bad idea.:smile:
Yeah, I've heard that, don't know if it's true. But still, there's a big difference in car-smacked deer and road pizza possum.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
New York state used to have a program of disposing of freshly killed deer at orphanages, poor homes, etc. Since there doesn't seem to be many of those, I wonder what they do now.

The last deer I hit was gone when I got back to the spot later in the day. Good-sized buck, and he did $1500 worth of damage to my big truck, running into the side skirts right in front of the drive tires.

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
what my dad always did was if he hit a deer, it'd just get chucked into the back of the truck and brought home. They still taste good whether they were kiled by a bullet, an arrow or a car. possum/raccoon/anything else though... ewwww....

·
Registered
533 Posts
when I was stationed in Oklahoma the joke was... the armadillos were opossum "on the half shell" still darn good eatin, and available at every intersection

·
Registered
135 Posts
how this conversation turned from riding precaution to roadkill cuisine is beyond me... haha thanks for the red ice heads up though

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
how this conversation turned from riding precaution to roadkill cuisine is beyond me... haha thanks for the red ice heads up though
HA!!! Just watch and be amazed... You ain't seen nuthin' yet. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
HA!!! Just watch and be amazed... You ain't seen nuthin' yet. :biggrin:
Yeah, we mostly get bored and drift off for a little while. We'll float back in later....

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
In one of the western states, I have Nevada or Arionza in my head, a zoo made a deal with the county government that if there was deer roadkill that the zoo would be notified so the lions could have a nice meal.

I may have saw it on cnn's website since that's where i get the majority of news.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hit one on HWY 25 in Colorado some years back while I was passing a semi, hit him doing 88mph with my 68 ford p/u talk about blood and doo doo splattering everywhere geeze called the state troopers to let them know about it after I had gotten to a truck stop to pull the corner of my front end out and washed all the blood and poo off, they said they had picked it up and that they had already dressed it out and asked if I wanted it or if it was ok for them to donate it to a local ophanage I said let the orphanage have it it wont keep till Michigan LOL. So the orphanage got 280lbs of venison, then he asked what kind of semi I had hit it with as the head was shattered and shredded I said no semi just a tough ole 68 ford p/u!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts