Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the Muzzy big bore for my 9. I'm just wonder all the things I should look into. I know its going to generate more heat and that a better oil cooler would prolly be a good idea. Is there anything else I should take into acount? Yeah, I know she'll heat up a lot quicker idoling in traffic too.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
if you do it right then you should have NO OVERHEATING problems. just run ENGINE ICE,REDLINE WATERWETTER etc. in the rad and youll be fine. i would also run 97+ octane with it. (not sure what it bumps compression too)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The compression goes to 13.0:1. What sucks is that I don't know where I could get 97+ octane around here. That may just be the factor that ends the thought of the big bore.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
just use the highest # gas you can get at the pump. i would talk to MUZZY and see what they tell you about "pump gas", it may run perfectly fine. as or the higher test gas just visit the local bike shops/car shops/drag strip and see if they sell TURBO BLUE/RED etc. you could prob. get away with doing a 50/50 mix

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now my bike says to use 90+, I use 93 almost all the time. I'll talk to Muzzy though, thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts