Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see Big Fred tonight? What did you think? I thought he was great but still undecided.:shock:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I really like him, but I'm holding out on sending in my absentee... I honestly don't think he'll make it past next week.

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, He's gotta win South Carolina, might be to little to late but I love the
"They just might meet those virgins" line. :mrgreen: NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!:wink: Terrorist don't want to see him as the Pres.:D

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
If I could hand pick I'd pick Duncan Hunter for pres, Alan Keyes as vice, and Fred as Sec Def.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Seen him in the debate before New Hampshire. Thought he looked extremely unhealthy and not very impressive at all. but thats why we vote

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
I honestly don't even understand why he got in the race. Regardless of what I think of him, his effort was too little too late.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Mehhhh, I'm not paying too much attention yet. I'm leaning his way right now, but haven't totally decided yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does not take much to stand out from that crowd. The only one who gave an honest answer was Ron Paul. I wish Fred would do better I would like to support him but from a pure experience standpoint McCain, Rudy and Mitt have him beat. I am a big fan of Duncan Hunter too...

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Still undecided. Just haven't seen anyone to get excited about. I sure would like to vote FOR someone for a change instead of just voting against somebody. :|

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Does not take much to stand out from that crowd. The only one who gave an honest answer was Ron Paul. I wish Fred would do better I would like to support him but from a pure experience standpoint McCain, Rudy and Mitt have him beat. I am a big fan of Duncan Hunter too...
I dont vote in the Republican primary, but i was impressed with the perceived honesty of Ron Paul. I felt McCain was taking an immature stand during the debate, buddying up with Thompson on Romney and acting a bit childish. I think Romney is... well not my kind of candidate to say the least. I thought Huckebee seemed the most normal, but was really just sticking to the script. Dont get me started on Rudy...

In case you havent noticed... Im a little more liberal.

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
I dont vote in the Republican primary, but i was impressed with the perceived honesty of Ron Paul. I felt McCain was taking an immature stand during the debate, buddying up with Thompson on Romney and acting a bit childish. I think Romney is... well not my kind of candidate to say the least. I thought Huckebee seemed the most normal, but was really just sticking to the script. Dont get me started on Rudy...

In case you havent noticed... Im a little more liberal.
I'd think you'd be a little more for Rudy then. Fairly liberal on social issues, but conservative fiscally, which suits my views. But I think his strategy of not really competing in these early primaries is going to bite him hard. Romney is a suit with a face IMO. Although I disagree with some of McCain's positions, I respect him as a person. I like Ron Paul, but face it he's the Ralph Nader of this campaign. I can't think of anyone I wouldn't vote for over Huckabee; who can't decide if he's a preacher playing politician or a politician playing preacher. Those 2 don't mix either way.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
I'd think you'd be a little more for Rudy then. Fairly liberal on social issues, but conservative fiscally, which suits my views. But I think his strategy of not really competing in these early primaries is going to bite him hard. Romney is a suit with a face IMO. Although I disagree with some of McCain's positions, I respect him as a person. I like Ron Paul, but face it he's the Ralph Nader of this campaign. I can't think of anyone I wouldn't vote for over Huckabee; who can't decide if he's a preacher playing politician or a politician playing preacher. Those 2 don't mix either way.
Well unless i go down and change my affiliation and my political views and beliefs, i wont be voting for Rudy. I also find Rudy to be a bit of a puppet, if Kerry was a flip flop, Rudy is a sandal.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
That's what pi**es me off about the current Republican lineup.
Only Ron Paul and Fred Thompson are, today, consistent with their statements and actions of record.

As far as Rudy being a "fiscal conservative and a social liberal"... we replaced a fiscal liberal with one of "those" here in California.
We're now in more trouble than we were when we put him in office because he apparently forgot that liberal social programs require liberal spending.

We're now looking at the closure of some 25 state parks, lifeguard reductions at nearly all state beaches, and 10% budget cuts across the board for all agencies. The unions are fighting the cuts of course... and we STILL have a 14 billion deficit!

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
If i were republican i would essentially "throw my vote away" and vote for Paul. His lack of a campaign and the fact that he seems to have a mad scientist like personality mixed with his somewhat liberal views will make him practically un-electable with the religious right and southern voters.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
If i were republican i would essentially "throw my vote away" and vote for Paul. His lack of a campaign and the fact that he seems to have a mad scientist like personality mixed with his somewhat liberal views will make him practically un-electable with the religious right and southern voters.
You are absolutely correct.

Personally, some "liberal views" don't bother me. The problem is, what I'm hearing doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about any of the likely finalists....

Secure the border.
Finish the job in Iraq and finish it RIGHT, not the way it was "finished" in '74. I don't care if it DOES take another 10 years.... just do the job right.
Defend the 2nd Amendment, repeal the Brady Bill.

Give me THOSE THREE things and you've got my undying support.

I don't care about embryonic stem cell research... it's not the government's job to pay for it. If there is a potential profit, private enterprise will do the research and sell a product. I don't care about abortion. I don't believe it's right or moral, but I don't think it should be illegal.... and in any case, overturning Roe vs Wade would not immediately outlaw it... that case was over the issue of whether the states should have a say in it or not... not over whether it should be legal or not.
I don't care about the sub-prime mortgage "crisis".... those people got themselves into their own troubles, just as I have gotten myself into various troubles through my life. I never asked the government (or anyone else) to bail me out.
The health care system needs to be "fixed", but not through further government intervention... that's what got us where we are today.

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For me the most important issue is that whoever get's these next four years in the White House is the person that the Terrorists would NOT like to see in the White House. And whoever that is, it ain't Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts