Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some problems mounting my big shots made for the 1600 classic to my meanstreak. I'm pretty sure i can eventually figure it out, but anyone with experience with these pipes and bike could save me some time and headaches. i'm trying to take off my bracket for the rear footpeg right now. i know that is where my pipe bracket will mount up, but right now i need the room to get the heads to mount up flush. that means raising the rear end above that bracket. any comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

the footpeg bracket needs to be removed and replaced with the bracket
off of a 1500/1600 classic as the meanies is about 1" too low for the pipes to fit.after that change they will bolt right up-no jacking

also be sure to tighten the bolts in the dogbone bracket backing plate fully
so they don't work lose leaving the headbolts as the only support for the pipes-

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any ideas on where to get one without paying retail at the dealer?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

dang alta,i dunno man-prolly isn't many brackets floating around,no real
need to replace one except for this change.

give beartooth kawi a call,i bet they'll help you out a little :wink:
tell them your gonna buy a honda if they don't help you out :lol: :wink:

oh-and i did see a chrome one somewhere but can't remember if its from
kawi :?:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got one bolt in the rear mount coming off of the top hole from the peg mount. just temporary, i still have to shim it off of the rear axle nut and get everyting fitting perfect. But that is one looooouuuuuuddddd pipe. I have to get the quiet baffels quick. it sounds great to me, but just about 5-10 decibles loud. anyone know how much the quiets bring it down? I still have to get into the emissions and flaten some reeds. also i heard something about a relocation mount for that thing showing on my left side that used to hide the resonation chamber. I'll try to keep those interested posted on the progress.

·
Registered
487 Posts
alta
I was thinking about getting the bigshots for my meanie. If you get the quiet baffles let us know how they sound.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's strange because those pipes bolted straight onto my bike.
Maybe the Australian version is different?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aussie,
If you have a pic of the rear mount that shows your clearance from the peg and axle nut please post or forward it to me. By the way, are you running the quiet baffles or the factory ones?

Thanks,
Seth
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i'd like to know the difference on the aussie bike :?:

just like my 1600- if i want to put a pro-pipe on my bike,i have to change
the rear footpeg mounts to the ones off a 1500 classic

but the folks at V&H said it would'nt fit at all
:roll:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vaporgas2000 said:
thanks, checked out the reviews and i'd still like to know how you feel about them.
Just put them in after work tonight. They have the same sound as the original baffles without the ear piercing rasp. I havn't noticed a deeper note, but have noticed less back rap and what feels like a little more low end. maybe that is because i was expecting it somewhat. the exhaust is still loud and only seems to be about 10 decibles lower, but it makes all the difference when riding through the neighborhoods at night. I wish I had a button to push to get the old baffles back when i want to really let someone know the cut me off and i'm not happy about it, but the quiet baffle will still allow me to effectivly convey the message. install was easy. no problem getting them in the pipe or the original ones out. i'll let you know how the fiberglass is holding up as i get some miles on em.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts