Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a ZX6R 2003 and I'm looking forward to install an alarm system into my bike...

Is it advisable to install the electronic alarm system (with remote control) into that bike as my friends said that it will tampered the bike electronic system?

please advise....

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have remote alarm install into my bike and it works just fine, never had a problem and I've had my bike since 2002. On your second question, I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
One thing I would check into is what alarm systems are approved by your insurance compagny.

May be different where you are, but here insurance co's will give you a discount if you have an alarm but only if it is an alarm that is on their approved list.

And actually there are some bikes that they will not insure if you don't have an approved alarm system.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good point Bob. I have a Viper installed in mine, just so you know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The only models fitted with Kawasaki Ignition Security System (K.I.S.S.) Using Imobiliser keys are:-

2004 ZX10R (ZX1000 C1H)
2004 ZX12R (ZX1200 B3H)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also installing an alarm in my zx-6r. I haven't heard anything thing about electrical interference of any kind. Also I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some basic wiring info. Like which color wire is the Acc coming out the ignition? where do I hook up the wire that makes my turn signals to flash? Which wire is the engine killer? Basic stuff like that. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts