Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I currently own a 1985/6 ninja 600 that has some issues so I am working on replacing it. So, I bought a 1997 ZX7R with a motor with no top end and I found a 2003 zx9r engine that comes with wiring harness and computers to go into it. I was just curious if anyone has an idea as to how hard it is to put that motor in there. The only thing that is missing from the '03 harness is the gauge cluster, so will the '03 harness hook up to the '97 cluster? There is also a smashed up '06 ninja 650 that I might be able to get, would that cluster work? I am willing to go and find the right cluster for the '03 harness but am just curious if I can use what I have.

Thanks

BobJoe

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think you'll struggle with the 2003 motor BobJoe, the best and easiest route is a 1994-97 (B1-B4) in the frame.

The easiest conversion was using a 93-95 ZXR750L frame etc but a later 7R is do-able with more mods.

I'd sell the 2003 motor and hunt down a good B-model, one that has had the head skimmed lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dad went and picked up the motor today. said it came with the frame so we should be able to use the mounts and everything from that. is this going to be impossible? we have a plasma cutter, welder, a friend who is a welder and a shop 2 blocks away. I'm willing to spend a bit of money to get it to work. it will work though with a bit of effort though correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts