Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend wants to buy a new meanstreak and I've got a new vulcan 800 classic. My question is when we go riding will my bike be able to keep up with his or will he get bored riding with me????

·
Registered
65 Posts
You'll be right,
Unless you and your friend race the bikes you will be right there next to him 99% of the time.
How long can you hang onto a WOT anyway?
Meanstreak 1600...good choice though
Cheers

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

you can keep up pretty easy except for maybe a drag race from a dig :twisted:

he will pull on you though thru the twisties as the bike handles pretty sweet
carving curves :twisted:

·
Registered
837 Posts
he has more power but how fast do you want to cruise anyway...it will be fine but he will be letting you know who has the most power for a little while :lol: no kiddin...friend has an 800,it will run 90 mph all day with no problem :)

·
Into the Wind
676 Posts
Hey, I pulled up one of the oldest threads to see what would happen. I noticed that the 800's and 900's are faster off the line, but lose the race after about 80 mph.

·
Learning by Mistakes
115 Posts
I'm glad you're alright. I'm surprised you were calm after you've stopped. I would have come to a complete stop, opened up the throttle fully and let go the clutch. Let the bike rip under me right into the ****************
Riding out the rear is a good idea, the trick is merely to relax and not to over steer by panicking. The fastest way to stop is to use the break, not to swerve and break.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I'm glad you're alright. I'm surprised you were calm after you've stopped. I would have come to a complete stop, opened up the throttle fully and let go the clutch. Let the bike rip under me right into the ***********.

Riding out the rear is a good idea, the trick is merely to relax and not to over steer by panicking. The fastest way to stop is to use the break, not to swerve and break.
Uhh.... wrong thread ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts