Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Gimme more twisties
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses bike covers and what do ya think of 'em ?

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Does two large rags covering naked top end count?

Have a garage at the moment. Get one that is as water resistant as possible. Make sure it has decent places to tie onto the bike.

·
Gimme more twisties
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had one of those silver coloured shiny ones for a year or so now and used it once. I think I'm just too lazy.
I was wondering about opinions to decide whether I should discipline myself into regularly using it or not.
( Yuk - "discipline" - what an 'orrible notion. )
Two rags for the top end is mandatory btw Tina.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've had one of those silver coloured shiny ones for a year or so now and used it once. I think I'm just too lazy.
I was wondering about opinions to decide whether I should discipline myself into regularly using it or not.
( Yuk - "discipline" - what an 'orrible notion. )
Two rags for the top end is mandatory btw Tina.
Are you still talking about motorcycles?!?!?!? :eek: :confused: :twisted:

·
Vulcan 1600 Classic
490 Posts
****....How much time does it take to cover your ride? Maybe 1 minute????
I plexus my bike then cover her and the next time I take it out....She shines-shines-shines.

I love the look of my vulcan when she is clean and sparkles.....

I'll bet I have the cleanest bike here if Florida!!!

·
Grade "A" Poser
2,455 Posts
Since my bike is hoisted up in the garage from November to April I use a cover to keep dust and grime off.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Usually not. But in the winter if I know I'm not gonna ride for a week or 2, I'll cover it w/2 cotton sheets in the garage to keep the dust off.

Trouble is, when I cover it , the cat likes to hide under the sheet & on my seat! Then, I go out into the garage & have a little chit chat with the cat, usually followed by a verbal azz wnoopin from my bride! :shock: :twisted: :cool:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I bought a Kuryakyn bike cover for my 900LT. I don't use it in the garage, but if I have to work overnight, I usually put the cover to keep the moisture off the seat. Price a year ago was around $60.00.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I used to live in an apartment with a car port out in the front. Even though I parked the bike between the wall and my car, I found that covering up the bike really helped in hiding it. Even when the whole car port was empty and it was out in the open, the covered bike was pretty inconspicous to passing traffic.

That's how I got myself to cover the bike every night...even when I was dead tired from a 14 hour day: covering the bike helped to prevent it's theft. If you don't have one of those aluminized covers, get one. Being able to cover the bike right after you park makes for a much easier life. If you're just too lazy to cover it every day, get a garage.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Bike gets ridden every day, it'd dirty an' 'orrible to look at but it rides beautifully.
Just as Likearock does, I take mine with me on trips, especially when camping cause I can stack all my goods and chattles on the seat and keep it dry under the cover, when staying at a motel I cover the bike fully to make it less attractive to opportunists.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.