Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i own a 1999 KLR 250 Kawasaki. Its a dual sport for anybody thats not familiar with it. Okay heres the problem. I can start the bike no problem at all. As soon as i put it in gear and let off the clutch it dies. It does not cut out or anything it just stops running, like something is turning it off. The bike doesnt even jump forward if i were to let the clutch out normally..just dies, no jump no nothing. WHATS THE PROBLEM HELP! Its frustrating. I dont know where to start to fix the problem. Please help me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well one thing to check is to make sure the kickstand is all the way up because thats what happens when the kickstands safety mech. is still ingauged

i dont mean to point out something so small but i dont know if its your first time on it or if it just starting doing it all of a sudden

·
Registered
66 Posts
but is the button (switch) seized????? does it kill the power as soon as it goes into gear or when the clutch releases??? I think it's your kickstand as well though!!!

·
Ludicrous Speed...GO!
1,866 Posts
I had that happen to my old GPZ 305 and it was the switch. This was before the days of the internet and the dealer charged me $50 to cut the wires to the switch! Doh!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts