Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the long delay, but work kept me away from the boards so long, I forgot my old accont password, so now I'm 03SSgt-1, lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just can't believe that I can't remember my old account password :cry:

·
Registered
39 Posts
**** IT! You stole my idea. Oh well, I am still gonna do all black.

How did you fill the holes from the old signals? Or did you get a new upper?

I just made SSgt this year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
**** -- that looks awesome.

For us late to the game... Could you explain what mods you made?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fender eliminator is custom built with just some metal sheets you can get from Home Depot, not hard. Just trim down the stock one so it is flush with the rear fairings and you'll figure out the rest :wink:

The way I got rid of the front fairing's original turn signal holes?......got an aftermarket upper fairing :lol: I saw the problem it was going to cause me, so I found a friend who needed a stock upper fairing, sold him my old one, and bought the new one from parts 411. I do have a complaint about the new upper though, it does not come with a way to secure your headlight like a stock fairing does. I had to devise a way to secure it and have it aimed correctly, but it wasn't all too hard, worth it in my opinion.

The mods I have so far are pretty basic, #135 main jets, full D&D show and go exhaust, and K&N air filter. The D&D did require some of the bottom fairing to be shaved off so it would not touch the exhaust pipe and melt.

Other than all that, it's amazing how a 04 Ninja can look so different once you put a new paint job on it. I have people always asking me what kind of bike it is, and they are quite amazed to hear the answer.

oh, Pavendort, Welcome to the NCO tier :wink:

·
Registered
429 Posts
03SSgt-1 said:
The fender eliminator is custom built with just some metal sheets you can get from Home Depot, not hard. Just trim down the stock one so it is flush with the rear fairings and you'll figure out the rest :wink:

The way I got rid of the front fairing's original turn signal holes?......got an aftermarket upper fairing :lol: I saw the problem it was going to cause me, so I found a friend who needed a stock upper fairing, sold him my old one, and bought the new one from parts 411. I do have a complaint about the new upper though, it does not come with a way to secure your headlight like a stock fairing does. I had to devise a way to secure it and have it aimed correctly, but it wasn't all too hard, worth it in my opinion.

The mods I have so far are pretty basic, #135 main jets, full D&D show and go exhaust, and K&N air filter. The D&D did require some of the bottom fairing to be shaved off so it would not touch the exhaust pipe and melt.

Other than all that, it's amazing how a 04 Ninja can look so different once you put a new paint job on it. I have people always asking me what kind of bike it is, and they are quite amazed to hear the answer.

oh, Pavendort, Welcome to the NCO tier :wink:
agreed about the paint job!!! only people know that mine is a ninja since i added graphics. your bike would look sweet with a chrome graphics kit. I had to trim my lower as well for the d & d. I was able to make an alternative directional with the stock upper using the rubber boots from the stock directionals and using epoxy to bond them to clear flushmount teardrops(they only stick out about an inch and look sweet)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been a SrA in a SSgt job for 3 years, so I am used to the job, jsut not the NCO part, but then again, I haven't sewed on yet.

Thanks though, great looking bike. I am too cheap to have a new upper sent to Guam, so I will wait, or maybe fiberglass in the holes for the old turn signals and do some touchup paint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pavendort said:
I have been a SrA in a SSgt job for 3 years, so I am used to the job, jsut not the NCO part, but then again, I haven't sewed on yet.

Thanks though, great looking bike. I am too cheap to have a new upper sent to Guam, so I will wait, or maybe fiberglass in the holes for the old turn signals and do some touchup paint.
GUAM? that was my last base, haha. I fuggin loved that island!!! 36MXS, CALCM shop. What is your AFSC? I "was" a 2M051B, but cross trained to 3C251.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2A656, Electrical and Environmental Systems.

I like the island, but the roads are terrible. I am also 36MXS.

MXS split and is now 36MXS and 36MUNS.

When did you leave here?I leave in 6 months and have been here about a year and a half.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Very sharp. Love the black.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pavendort said:
2A656, Electrical and Environmental Systems.

I like the island, but the roads are terrible. I am also 36MXS.

MXS split and is now 36MXS and 36MUNS.

When did you leave here?I leave in 6 months and have been here about a year and a half.
I was there June 2000 - 10 Sept 01, one day before all hell broke out :shock:

I miss Guam badly!!! The roads do suck for bikes, the daily rain and the coral roads don't mix well :cry:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Most of the roads on the north end are not coral, but they are mostly straight. Where is the fun in that? The ones in the south are still mainly coral. I like it here sometimes, but hate it others.

I haven't had the chance to get downtown and really experience Guam, but I am getting a divorce next month and will be free!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts