Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's gotta em , how do you like them? I 've got the sears lift , There's a couple of other brand's out there. Just courious If everyone's satisfied with there's. I think they've all been under a $100.00.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I got one from Costco. It came with a chair and the lift. Other than having to a little assembly work its a great lift for the price.....$70.00

With the 4 tie downs that it comes with I just strap down the bike and lift it up. I have both access to the wheels and the oil under the bike. It's got a pair of twist in bolts that supports the lift and doesn't move around on its wheels.

As funds become available it will get replaced with a nice Hardy...

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
lift

i just bought a sears/craftsman ATV/motorcycle lift the other day. was on sale for $99.99. for lifting the whole bike, it works great. unfortunately it blocks my oil drain so changing the oil requires a little more lifting enginuity. not sure what kind of bike you have, i am sure that would make a difference. 1Adam12 seems to have more in depth feedback about his lift so you might want to look at that one first.
David

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You can always use a 2x4 so you can get better placement of the bike to allow you to get to the oil pan and filter...Just happens to be the Ninja 250 is a smaller bike and fits well... The Ninja 900 although a bigger bike, fits nice on it as well.

Slide the 2x4 around to get the bike evenly lifted - you may have to cut it down a couple of times to get it right or if patient enough - measure twice and cut once.....

For those reading along another more expensive alternative would be a lift like those made from Pit Bull that will completely lift the front end of the bike by the triple tree - great to work on the front end, but you also have to buy a rear lift and you total out at about $300.00 - $400.00 vs $100.

Ok - so taking the fairing off is not always fun, but for that much money I can find myself taking the plastic off and being bothered for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts