Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Krypto Bike Lock that I specifically use when I ride to work, because its small, I attach a bright orange (can't miss it) tag to it to remind me the lock is on.
One of my friends does'nt have one of those tags.....OOOPPPSSS!!! He messed up his front end.....uh duh!!! :roll:

What type of locks, alarms do you all have???

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Smith & Wesson, LLC. I have one of their policies too!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Smith & Wesson, LLC. I have one of their policies too!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hmm

Besides State Farm...S&W 686 with birdshot for the first 2 rounds, then .38 spl hollow-point for 2 and then followed by .357+P hollow-points, you can never under estimate your common bike theif (usually on or needing drugs)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Re: Hmm

ZX-2R said:
Besides State Farm...S&W 686 with birdshot for the first 2 rounds, then .38 spl hollow-point for 2 and then followed by .357+P hollow-points, you can never under estimate your common bike theif (usually on or needing drugs)
heh, good choice of rounds... but I don't mess around. I keep 10 rounds of .357 Sig HP at all times. The exact same ammo the Texas DPS uses.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Freakinout said:
ZX-2R said:
heh, good choice of rounds... but I don't mess around. I keep 10 rounds of .357 Sig HP at all times. The exact same ammo the Texas DPS uses.
So screw the lock, get a gun??!! :wink:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts

NinjaGirl said:
Freakinout said:
ZX-2R said:
So screw the lock, get a gun??!! :wink:
Yup, well, kinda, I already had a gun. (several actually) I need to get an alarm, but being a poor college student kinda hampers those investments.

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Hhhmmm---guess I'll have to throw mt $.02 in----S&W 686P 2.5in-----or a Ruger P89-----a Bushmaster M4 takes over duties while at home.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i keep an 18 inch long piece of ash. it's about 1inch in diameter on the end i wrap my hand around, tapering out to about 1.5 inch on the other end. :twisted:

in all seriousness, i don't worry about it, but i don't live in a very big city either.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My insurance is a Customized Colt 1911 with 230gr +P+ hollow Points :p :p

Now I just need to get a left handed shoulder holster & practice shooting left handed since the right hand is for the throttle :shock: :shock: :wink:

However, I'm also thinking about getting a Sig 239 in 357Sig as it's a tad smaller & lighter than the 1911 :!:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hmmm.

Not enough CSI...you need a revolver and a cruise control. the revolver should have nothing but birdshot...then there are no casings left behind, no balsitics...you have to give some serious thought to a potential homicide...it's much more satisfing to just remove their valve caps and valve cores on two tires, seeing that they only have one spare...if you really dislike them doing it twice is enough to really make things change... when I was a kid there was a family of drunks about three doors down, and I decided that I would put nail strips down, under their tires, all four of them...although my fingerprints couldn't be identified all the cops had to go on was a piece of wood and nails. It was a piece of wood an nails from another neighbors house, but the prints were to small for the old man...I was questioned as were all the neighborhood kids...

·
Registered
134 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
What type of locks, alarms do you all have???
I just lock the forks. My Glock is not of much help unless I'm standing there guarding it... :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
LOCKS

The long KRYPTNITE locks are pretty cool. Locking the rear tire all they have to do is to lift the rear and steer it onto a trailer, locking the forks they just pick up the rear, or front end and put it onthe trailer...cable locking through both wheels and perhaps a buddies bike or somethig around they have to lift the entire bike or slide it all locked up to get it on their trailer...Seeng I'm not allowed to bring a bike INTO my own house, by order of my wife (or I lose some ground), I have to park it in my barn...but the electric eyes (motion sensors) and a pair of 300Watt lights, will just about vaporize anything, it scared the heck out of my buddies...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a bike alarm but not much good that's gonna do if someone put it on a trailer and drove away with it. But heck, what do I care, that is what insurance is for. I'd just report it and if I never get it back, that's fine with me. I'll just get my money from the insurance and get my new bike now instead of later. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts