Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO OFTEN FORUM MEMBERS NORMALLY NEWCOMMERS ASK FOR ASSISTANCE WITH REGARDS TO A PROBLEM THEY ARE EXPERIANCING WITH THERE MACHINE AND WHILST WE ENDEVOUR TO HELP OUT IT BECOMES VERY FRUSTRATING THE LACK OF INFORMATION GIVEN IN THE INITIAL POST...

I READ EARLIER FROM StarGate IN ONE SUCH POST......

No one here can hear, see, smell, or feel what you do being there with the bike, so you have to be that link.

I READ THAT AND THOUGHT HOW APPROPRIATE TO THIS SITUATION !!!

SO PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU BY GIVING AS MUCH DETAIL IN YOU INITIAL POST.

I WOULD GO AS FAR TO SAY THAT THERE ARE OCCASIONS WHEN SOME FORUM MEMBERS WILL NOT ADVISE OTHERS THROUGH THIS LACK OF INFO..

Eg:-
~ Make, Model, Year, Milage.
~ How long you've owned the machine.
~ Events leading up to your problem.
~ Anything you OR others have done to rectify the problem.

Oh and a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) is a godsend for Diagnostics so it's worth investing in one..

DON'T BE OFFENDED, BE FORTHCOMING
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

THANKS FOR THE STICKY TOD :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Excellent Post!

I think it would be a good idea to have the web master create a format that includes all of the information sited. That would assist the requester and the responder. The requester should be encourged to fill in as much information as they can. I am sure there will be occasions when the requester will not know the required information but the responders on this site will be able to work through it.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this way i'll keep it somewhere near the top of the page...............:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Stickied.

Carry on. ;-)

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
An ELR endorsement. I'd be flattered.

Give the man a break. :biggrin:

I think we are civilizing him some, but I would miss him if he was nice all the time. :cool:

It does help when someone has the right info on their bike. If I had a dime for everytime someone walked up to my parts counter wanting parts, and all that comes out of their mouth is, "It's a Yamaha, give me parts", I'd be rich.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Give the man a break. :biggrin:

I think we are civilizing him some, but I would miss him if he was nice all the time. :cool:

It does help when someone has the right info on their bike. If I had a dime for everytime someone walked up to my parts counter wanting parts, and all that comes out of their mouth is, "It's a Yamaha, give me parts", I'd be rich.
Yes, the communication problem is everywhere. Folks want you to demonstrate your mind reading skills I guess. I do tech support and I get "it doesn't work" at least 5 times a week. I then try to find out what "It" is, and what they mean by "doesn't work." If I email more than 3 questions I can pretty much guarantee they might answer the first or second question and ignore the rest. I just email back with "I need the rest of the information in order to be able to help you..." bla bla bla same o same o. Bet you go nuts with it as well.

·
Eddie Lawson is God!
5,683 Posts
I got House MD season one two AND three so.....I'm working on my bedside manner NOT!!!!! The quality of the questions is improving, as are the spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I now know where not to venture if I don't wish to raise my diastolic blood pressure. I hardly ever go to the D1RT biek sexion. Can't handle the squids. I am ALWAYS up for intelligent debate (Been getting some lately on some HD threads)

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I got House MD season one two AND three so.....I'm working on my bedside manner NOT!!!!! The quality of the questions is improving, as are the spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I now know where not to venture if I don't wish to raise my diastolic blood pressure. I hardly ever go to the D1RT biek sexion. Can't handle the squids. I am ALWAYS up for intelligent debate (Been getting some lately on some HD threads)

So the questions begs to be answered. How forthcoming are your HD clients on describing their motor problems? I can sell parts, it's their problem to fix them. But the mechanics have it rough. Very few people will admit that they screwed up their bikes, and you have vexing problem of figuring out what the heck they did to it.

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
I think this would help others with problems they have with their bikes. At least it would help them to relate to someone that might be able to help. So many mechanic wantabes haven't got a clue, and make things worse by guessing and additives are not a cure all. Great suggestion GREEN

·
Registered
3 Posts
1999 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad Ruff Idle and flooding

I rescently purchased a 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500 with 35000 miles.
The bike runs great but wants to idle a little ruff and the longer you idle the more ruff it gets, its the Back cylender that misses and lite Black smoke comes out exaust pipe. I replaced the Plugs and they get black again only in rear cylender,also replaced air filter.Can any one help me ?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I rescently purchased a 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500 with 35000 miles.
The bike runs great but wants to idle a little ruff and the longer you idle the more ruff it gets, its the Back cylender that misses and lite Black smoke comes out exaust pipe. I replaced the Plugs and they get black again only in rear cylender,also replaced air filter.Can any one help me ?

Hi, This is for info only...:)

Can you post your problem in the Mechanics Corner.....cheers :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have a green kawi and it doesnt run. Ideas??? :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.