Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well here is a question for you and yes before you laugh i am a new commer to this and have never used a forum like this. Please if you can assist or any one else out there!! I am the proud owner of a Kawasaki Vucan 1500 7/95 with 91000km i have purchaced the bike off Ebay sight un seen back in April 2007 when the bike arrived i sarted to ride it imediatly but experianced a skipping sensation mostly noticable in 1st gear, no problem i though this is a faulty diff after replacing it the fault was no different. A second opinion said throw in a new clutch this was Saturdays job.When i pulled it down and investigated the clutch apeared to be okish i replaced the fibres and checked the rest out when i did i saw that the manual (genuine item) page # 5-8 shows an exploded view of the clutch. In this picture there shows to be three back torque limiter springs, when i pulled mine out there is four and mine are two concave inside each other and two convex inside each other,when i called the Kawasaki dealer in Perth i was told to reassemble it back as it came apart. This consered me and i did as sugested now i have a shudder and skipping feel from the clutch plus a clatter from within the gear box. Has any one got a better picture ( other than genuine manual piture)or shed some light on how to reassemble the clutch because at the moment my clutch is out of the bike and i hate walking and not riding.
Thank you Shane.16

·
Registered
18 Posts
i am have problems with my 2003 zx6rr when i'm riding it bucks after you ride it for a little while. if anyone has any idea please help.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a green kawi and it doesnt run. Ideas???
Run! How do you expect it to run, it hasn't got legs!
Just like your kawasaki (green) I'm rolling around makin'
odd noises!!!:p

Brrrrm Brrm Brrrrrrrm Brrm.

:oops: Dear Green Kawi, my engine is missing what should I do?
:shock: Easy, inform the police, if they cant find it buy a new one!

Mr mischief.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Run! How do you expect it to run, it hasn't got legs!
Just like your kawasaki (green) I'm rolling around makin'
odd noises!!!:p

Brrrrm Brrm Brrrrrrrm Brrm.

:oops: Dear Green Kawi, my engine is missing what should I do?
:shock: Easy, inform the police, if they cant find it buy a new one!

Mr mischief.
With that attitude you are now qualified to work at a parts counter! :wink:

·
Registered
420 Posts
More ramblings by an old git.

Many years ago (yawn) there was this cute little army (female) driver.
Because of natures benevolence she was well blessed in the looks
department. . . but.
There was this guy that caught her sharp tongue (not me, honest).

So, he thought is a good idea to swap here indicators and brake light
lenses’ over.
Whenever she braked the indicators came on.
Whenever she indicated the brake lights came on. . . thought it was
such a laugh as he boasted about it too.
Fully intending to confuse here and blame (whoever wasn’t there)
anyone else, to help this lovely looking young lady.

Such a simple - and should have been easy to spot prank.
Well, she didn’t check these items, then just drove off!

The next day she, and some friends (also in uniform) where busy
getting splinters in their fingers from scratching their heads. . .
I just couldn’t resist, waltzed up swapped over the covers, asked one
of this girls friends to press the brake, then use an indicator – shock
to all everything worked as it should. Indicators indicated, brake lights
came on at the right time.
Just started to explain, but couldn’t get a word in – it was me that
got the blame for that!!

Even got pulled up by my boss to explain who what and why.
I’m not sure that he believed me, but, had to suffer for months
afterwards ‘jibes’ for that one!

No moral (find on if you must). Just couldn’t resist posting that
little story, seemed like the right type of thread.

Mr mischief

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 01 vulcan 1500 classic, owned 1 year, 19000 miles. I have a leak, it is coming from the boot on the final drive I am pretty sure. I dont see any oil higher on the engine anywhere. I was told by the kawasaki dealer that is was the seal in the final drive,they thought by hearing what I had explained to them over the phone. So I put a new one in and it didnt seam to leak for about 2 weeks. Then it leaked again. When it started the problem originally,I had just gotten back from a 600 mile trip. I parked the bike and the next morining a puddle of what I think is oil was under the bike. This is when I contacted the dealer and asked them their opinion and then I bought the seal and installed it. Now it is leaking again, and it doesnt seam to leak always, although the puddles still come spuratically. They are just drips and not huge puddles. Should I install another seal and try again or could this be something else? Thank you for any suggestions and help.
Rockuharder

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi,
Can you post your issue in the Mechanics section where it will get the attention it requires.
Thanks Green

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't seem to get an answer for this anywhere....

My Drifter has been having the same problems as all Drifters, clutch drag after miles have accumulated. I am waiting for a new clutch spring which is usually the main culprit (it'll be here Wednesday). I have bought new clutch plates and steel and till my new spring gets in, I was bored and tried the new parts before the spring got here. Still the same problem, and maybe worse. When I tore it down and pulled the plates and all, I neglected to put the bike in gear, which is what the book says. Now the clutch lever is hard, very hard, and no longer the easy pull in like it has always been. Did I damage something or by not putting it in gear did my fooling around push the plunger into the transmission? I am at a loss....

It's a 99 Drifter 1500 that I have had for 4 years. 47k miles, standard most everywhere except the paint and a few knick-knacks...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2007 zx600r that has 2200 km . the bike was purchased last august so it is still under warranty. Here's my problem. Last october I dropped the bike off at a paint shop to get custum painted,(it looks amazing) I finally got the bike back in May of this year. The guys unfortunatly did not charge or look after the battery for the winter months so the battery had to be charged. The shop owner said that they had a problem with the battery accepting a charge, but it did finally work. I picked up the bike around 5:00pm and went straight home. I was dying to go out for a nice ride so around 9:00pm I went out for a ride. About 90 km away from the city out on the highway the bike started losing power intermitately and the rpm gauge started going all over the place. All of the gauges would go blank then come back to life and the rpm's would drop to zero then jump to red line with out changing the speed of the bike. The lights would go out then finally the bike just died and that was the end of my ride. The next day I got up early and took the bike to the local kawasaki dealer and they worked on the bike for three weeks. That was in late May of this year. Today is July 29 and I took the bike out for a ride out on the highway again and it started doing the same thing again. When they had it in the shop they replaced the cdi module and put in a new battery. The error codes on the digital gauges on the bike showed that there was a problem with the fuel injection system when I took the bike in originally but they changed the diagnosis to the cdi module when I went to pick up the bike.
The power comes and goes then the bike runs fine for a few minutes than it starts again The temperature of the bike was around 85-90 cesius. it would start to to lose power at 10km up to 100 km/hr. I use high octane fuel from shell or esso gas stations so the gas should be good quality gas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2007 zx600r that has 2200 km . the bike was purchased last august so it is still under warranty. Here's my problem. Last october I dropped the bike off at a paint shop to get custum painted,(it looks amazing) I finally got the bike back in May of this year. The guys unfortunatly did not charge or look after the battery for the winter months so the battery had to be charged. The shop owner said that they had a problem with the battery accepting a charge, but it did finally work. I picked up the bike around 5:00pm and went straight home. I was dying to go out for a nice ride so around 9:00pm I went out for a ride. About 90 km away from the city out on the highway the bike started losing power intermitately and the rpm gauge started going all over the place. All of the gauges would go blank then come back to life and the rpm's would drop to zero then jump to red line with out changing the speed of the bike. The lights would go out then finally the bike just died and that was the end of my ride. The next day I got up early and took the bike to the local kawasaki dealer and they worked on the bike for three weeks. That was in late May of this year. Today is July 29 and I took the bike out for a ride out on the highway again and it started doing the same thing again. When they had it in the shop they replaced the cdi module and put in a new battery. The error codes on the digital gauges on the bike showed that there was a problem with the fuel injection system when I took the bike in originally but they changed the diagnosis to the cdi module when I went to pick up the bike.
The power comes and goes then the bike runs fine for a few minutes than it starts again The temperature of the bike was around 85-90 celsius. It would start to to lose power at 10km up to 100 km/hr. I use high octane fuel from shell or esso gas stations so the gas should be good quality gas. I don't know that much about this stuff, so if any one has a few suggestions or if some one esle has had this same experience I would like to here from you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man I just read your post and I am a new comer to the site, now I am having a bit of a problem with my bike, I own a 1993 zx7r with 20000 miles on it and I have owned the ike for about 2 months bought it for a project for a future "race bike", now my problem is the bike is choking and bogging at high rpm's, it is in every gear, but when I rev it in neutral it does not really do it, I took my carbs out and cleaned them thinking that would be it, it helped on how the bike ran but did not solve the problem, I also changed the spark plugs, thats is pretty much all I did so far, I am going by process of elimination now, because man truthfully I never worked with a carburated engine before so all the help I can get Is highly appreciated, thanks in advance,

thank you

Flavio Brito (zx7rflava)

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
This being a sticky, I highly suggest you post this in the Mechanics section. Not too many people will see it here to help you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SO OFTEN FORUM MEMBERS NORMALLY NEWCOMMERS ASK FOR ASSISTANCE WITH REGARDS TO A PROBLEM THEY ARE EXPERIANCING WITH THERE MACHINE AND WHILST WE ENDEVOUR TO HELP OUT IT BECOMES VERY FRUSTRATING THE LACK OF INFORMATION GIVEN IN THE INITIAL POST...

I READ EARLIER FROM StarGate IN ONE SUCH POST......

No one here can hear, see, smell, or feel what you do being there with the bike, so you have to be that link.

I READ THAT AND THOUGHT HOW APPROPRIATE TO THIS SITUATION !!!

SO PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU BY GIVING AS MUCH DETAIL IN YOU INITIAL POST.

I WOULD GO AS FAR TO SAY THAT THERE ARE OCCASIONS WHEN SOME FORUM MEMBERS WILL NOT ADVISE OTHERS THROUGH THIS LACK OF INFO..

Eg:-
~ Make, Model, Year, Milage.
~ How long you've owned the machine.
~ Events leading up to your problem.
~ Anything you OR others have done to rectify the problem.

Oh and a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) is a godsend for Diagnostics so it's worth investing in one..

DON'T BE OFFENDED, BE FORTHCOMING
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

THANKS FOR THE STICKY TOD :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
i have a 2002 ZX7R it has been sitting for 2 months i went to go ride the other day and it was supttering only at low idle when i twist the throttle it opens right up so i drained the gas and filled it up with new gas went for a long ride still the same i also notice a weird thing when i was on the highway almost like it winded out quick in every gear should i change the plugs

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
This being a sticky, I highly suggest you post this in the Mechanics section. Not too many people will see it here to help you.

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
Need a sticky to not post in a sticky and that sticky's are only for reading. Like I just did!!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.