Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
SO OFTEN FORUM MEMBERS NORMALLY NEWCOMMERS ASK FOR ASSISTANCE WITH REGARDS TO A PROBLEM THEY ARE EXPERIANCING WITH THERE MACHINE AND WHILST WE ENDEVOUR TO HELP OUT IT BECOMES VERY FRUSTRATING THE LACK OF INFORMATION GIVEN IN THE INITIAL POST...

I READ EARLIER FROM StarGate IN ONE SUCH POST......

No one here can hear, see, smell, or feel what you do being there with the bike, so you have to be that link.

I READ THAT AND THOUGHT HOW APPROPRIATE TO THIS SITUATION !!!

SO PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU BY GIVING AS MUCH DETAIL IN YOU INITIAL POST.

I WOULD GO AS FAR TO SAY THAT THERE ARE OCCASIONS WHEN SOME FORUM MEMBERS WILL NOT ADVISE OTHERS THROUGH THIS LACK OF INFO..

Eg:-
~ Make, Model, Year, Milage.
~ How long you've owned the machine.
~ Events leading up to your problem.
~ Anything you OR others have done to rectify the problem.

Oh and a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) is a godsend for Diagnostics so it's worth investing in one..

DON'T BE OFFENDED, BE FORTHCOMING
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

THANKS FOR THE STICKY TOD :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
ok thanks firstly its a 1994 model el250d it has covered 15,000 miles and I bought it 18 months ago I knew it had a duff battery but it was running but had to be jump started,since then it has not run at all but I spent a couple of days trying to get it running about a year ago but gave up .it is totally standard,and as I said before,there is a good spark and the plugs are getting fuel ,the only thing I have done is to drain the carbs ,put new petrol in the tank ,cleaned the plugs and checked the coils Ray

·
nobody0857
17 Posts
82 GPZ1100 Fool Inj. hot throttle bog

I have an 82 gpz1100 tht I've owned for about 4 yrs. It runs like a bat outa hell most of the time. My problem is if I sit in traffic and the motor heats up to the point that I can "feel" it rising auround my legs, the throttle will become unresponsive when blipped.and the motor wants to die. It will act like it's getting no fuel and eventually stall. It will restart after sitting for a few minutes on the side of the road and looking just like a harley during bike week. This is pretty embarrasing in Daytona for a Jap bike. The only way to get it to stopmisbehaving is to get it up to speed and get some air over the motor and cool it down.I think it may be related to the cyl head sensor but I don't have any hot or cold resistance specs. If I short the wire coming off the sensor to ground the bike leans out but doesn't bog and become throttle unresponsive as when sitting in traffic. If I remove the lead and simulate an open sensor the bike goes dead rich. I have checked the tank vent to see if It might be going into vacuum and starving the pump. Fuel pressure is good. The real pain is sometimes this bike won't do it for months and then all of a sudden the prblem manifests itself once more. I have carbs but I want to keep this vintage bike orig. Also I found two power leads with a male and female spade lug plugged together. Looking on the cd rom I found what Kaw. calls a regulator that's not there. Is this a series resistor on the hot side of the injectors that some bozo removed? On the cd rom it is shown floating in the air so I have no idea where in the harness it belongs other than my guess. I wish I had a wiring dia. of the main and inj. harness. Big, giant, heavy and unreliable is not acceptable to me .Barry in Daytona on the side of the road occasionally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
frustrated vulcan

Greetings,
I have a 1993 Vulcan 1500-A (California model)with 13780 miles on it. Last fall I drained the carbs, removed the tank, fenders and side panels to paint them a new color. Went great, looks just the way I wanted. Now the crap....
I put everything back the exact way it came off, but now when I try to start it, it fires up no problem, but then it chuggs , throws out lots of strong smelling (gas) smoke, and dies, but not before leaking gas from the canister and return pump. I took off the hose for 'vent' on the canister and tried again--gas flowed from the hose. I checked the plugs, replaced them with new ones (the old ones were black and wet).
I'm stuck. Could the carbs be stuck? If so, how do I go about cleaning, I've never done it myself before. Can I bypass the emission stuff. HELP. I want to ride(badly) but it's just sitting in my garage, mocking me i think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SO OFTEN FORUM MEMBERS NORMALLY NEWCOMMERS ASK FOR ASSISTANCE WITH REGARDS TO A PROBLEM THEY ARE EXPERIANCING WITH THERE MACHINE AND WHILST WE ENDEVOUR TO HELP OUT IT BECOMES VERY FRUSTRATING THE LACK OF INFORMATION GIVEN IN THE INITIAL POST...

I READ EARLIER FROM StarGate IN ONE SUCH POST......

No one here can hear, see, smell, or feel what you do being there with the bike, so you have to be that link.

I READ THAT AND THOUGHT HOW APPROPRIATE TO THIS SITUATION !!!

SO PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU BY GIVING AS MUCH DETAIL IN YOU INITIAL POST.

I WOULD GO AS FAR TO SAY THAT THERE ARE OCCASIONS WHEN SOME FORUM MEMBERS WILL NOT ADVISE OTHERS THROUGH THIS LACK OF INFO..

Eg:-
~ Make, Model, Year, Milage.
~ How long you've owned the machine.
~ Events leading up to your problem.
~ Anything you OR others have done to rectify the problem.

Oh and a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) is a godsend for Diagnostics so it's worth investing in one..

DON'T BE OFFENDED, BE FORTHCOMING
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

THANKS FOR THE STICKY TOD :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Hi. I have a 2005 zx636 done about 6k and was serviced last year. It wasn't used much over winter although started regularly. I used it yesterday and low down it seems to bog down and sounds a vit v twinnish. It clears at about 6k but below that it sounds like the exhaust is blocked or like it cant clear out the exhaust. I did put super unleaded in and wondered if that may be the cause. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nomad 1500 Engine problem

I have owned a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Nomad since it was new in 1999 and have a little over 40,000 miles of carefree riding on it. I decided to take it to Orlando from my home in NJ. I’m a careful rider who takes excellent care of his bike. After a rather long ride, I ended up in South Carolina and all of a sudden my bike rolled to a stop. After checking everything, I couldn’t get the oil light to go out so I was afraid to ride it any farther.

Fortunately, I was riding with another biker and we called a local dealer who came out and transported my bike to his dealership. After completely disassembling the engine, the mechanic told me that Kawasaki uses a plastic oil pump drive gear and that my gear had no teeth left on it. He said that he would need to completely rebuild my engine because it spun a bearing due to lack of oil. He estimated the cost at $6000.

When I asked if this gear failure was something new he said that he has seen it a lot and pointed to his brand new sport bike (2008 with 181 miles on it) sitting a few feet away and dissembled also and said there my brand new bike and it has the same problem.

Is this failure something that is inherent to either the 1500 engine orf to Kawasaki engine design in general or is my experience unique? My bike is now sitting in my garage awaiting my decision to attempt a rebuild or to replace the engine entirely. Then the big question, where to find a 1500 engine that is in any kind of good shape?

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i need help... I have a 98 vulcan1500 classic and the battery died a month ago. put a new battery in and it died in two weeks. My friend said to run it and disconnect the battery and if it shuts off, it needs a stator. Does this sound right?
it has 13000 miles on it and has been garage kept.....never had an issue with it before

·
itching to ride
2,215 Posts
i need help... I have a 98 vulcan1500 classic and the battery died a month ago. put a new battery in and it died in two weeks. My friend said to run it and disconnect the battery and if it shuts off, it needs a stator. Does this sound right?
it has 13000 miles on it and has been garage kept.....never had an issue with it before
vvv

OK, you guys have the idea right. Now all you need to do is
START A NEW THREAD WITH YOUR PROBLEM!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ya I've got bike problems. or my dad does with the bike I sold him so I guess it is my problem. My dad didn't use any fuel stabilizer mover the winter in wyoming. He left very little fuel in the bike. He started it and it ran rough for a while then it smoothed out. Now it will not start at all and he has already put new gas in it he has a 2007 vn900c with 7k miles on it. did he plug up the fuel system or do you think he has bad plugs. I live 500 miles away so I really can't work on it myself I'm just trying to get some suggestions for him. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 09 Vulcan 900.I bought it new 16 months ago (NO Warranty)
I pulled into a parking lot and noticed a fairly loud knocking sound.( like ban old engine on bad gas) It's not the engine and seemto be related to the rotation of tires or belt. It even made sound in neutral rolling it backwards. The belt is operating on the left edge of both front and back spocket/pulley.It ride smooth and powerful when accelearating.
Any info or ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi ive just purchased a h2 zxr750 on a h plate today off ebay the problem ive got with it is up to 70 mph she is fast but will not go over 70 mph the end can seems to have black soot any ideas please its done 39000 miles

·
Super Moderator
10,646 Posts
hi ive just purchased a h2 zxr750 on a h plate today off ebay the problem ive got with it is up to 70 mph she is fast but will not go over 70 mph the end can seems to have black soot any ideas please its done 39000 miles
Hi
Please post a new thread in the Mechanics Corner.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1980 kz750 and i baught the bike not running. so i was doing some looking around on it today and found that the pick up coils arent even plugged in. well i cant find where it plugs into. so heres my question...where does the pick up coil wire plug into?? hopfully sombody can help me..Thanks!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
How do I start a new tread? I've been searching for a link to do so but come up empty handed. All I can do is piggyback on someone elses post and I don't get the answers I'm looking for.. please help

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Motorcycle.com Free App

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.