Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Warning V2k Onboard
1,585 Posts
Go to the relevant forum, this one is the mechanics corner, you'll find links to the various forums at the top of the page.

When in the correct forum look for the button that says

·
Registered
6 Posts
kick stand switch not enough air ........2 wires from the kickstand follow them up to the left side of the bike then check the pl7ug clean it add dielectrick greese if this fixes your problem great if not unplug the connection and put up your kick stand now ride the bike if this fixes your problem and step one did not then replace the safety switch on the kick stand or if your like me and want to ride now cut the wires on the bike side join them together and tape then and enjoy your bike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I have an issue with my bike I bought a 2014 ninja 300 se and I put on about 6 miles on it. The issue that I have is that when I tried to shift up to the next gear it wouldn't, when I drove a few blocks down the road it went from 1st to 2nd without clutching in and so on until it went to 6th gear. Now its stuck in 6th gear and all I can do is go in neutral or ride in 6th gear and it won't shift down. I have tried rolling it, downshifting while riding and nothing has worked do you guys think the clutch pedal is faulty or what have I not tried

·
Super Moderator
10,646 Posts
Hey guys I have an issue with my bike I bought a 2014 ninja 300 se and I put on about 6 miles on it. The issue that I have is that when I tried to shift up to the next gear it wouldn't, when I drove a few blocks down the road it went from 1st to 2nd without clutching in and so on until it went to 6th gear. Now its stuck in 6th gear and all I can do is go in neutral or ride in 6th gear and it won't shift down. I have tried rolling it, downshifting while riding and nothing has worked do you guys think the clutch pedal is faulty or what have I not tried
It would be best if you started a new thread in the 'Mechanic's Corner' section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not really sure how this work? But I'm going to ask my question.

I bought my 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500r brand new. I've never had a problem with it. About a month ago I tried to get my bike up to 80 miles an hr and I've done this many times before with no problems. Now every time I open it up full throttle it won't even hit 75 miles an hour. Then I was going up hill ( not a big hill ) just one on the interstate , anyway I opened it up and at 70 it started slowing down then it felt like it sucked in to much air and felt like it shut the bike off, so I pulled off the side of the road cause I thought it stalled out but I gave it gas at 20 miles an hour and it started going again. Anyone that can help me with this that would be great. Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
10,646 Posts
I'm not really sure how this work? But I'm going to ask my question.

I bought my 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500r brand new. I've never had a problem with it. About a month ago I tried to get my bike up to 80 miles an hr and I've done this many times before with no problems. Now every time I open it up full throttle it won't even hit 75 miles an hour. Then I was going up hill ( not a big hill ) just one on the interstate , anyway I opened it up and at 70 it started slowing down then it felt like it sucked in to much air and felt like it shut the bike off, so I pulled off the side of the road cause I thought it stalled out but I gave it gas at 20 miles an hour and it started going again. Anyone that can help me with this that would be great. Thank you!!
It would be best if you started a new thread in the 'Mechanic's Corner' section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping I'm posting this in the right place lol. Kind of new to the whole using forums thing so 2 problems. First one and proably the simplest is I have a 2002 vulcan 500. Had to replace the throttle cables and removed the tank to give myself some extra room. My over zealous cousin that was helping me disconnected the fuel lines from the petcock while I was in the house so I have no pics to look at to redo what he unhooked. I found the "nubs" that the vacuum lines attach to one on the right side. The other is on the petcock and runs to the same looking nub or whatever you want to call it o left sidea on carberator. My main problem is I can't for the life of me figure out where the main fuel line from the petcock runs to. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Second problem is more of I have no idea what's going on been told it's my shift forks but when switching gears it's really clunky and have even felt the gear shift roll over top of the gear before sliding in place. Just curious how serious is this. Should I not ride at all before getting fixed or can I ride rest of the year and fix this winter.

·
Super Moderator
10,646 Posts
Hoping I'm posting this in the right place lol. Kind of new to the whole using forums thing so 2 problems. First one and proably the simplest is I have a 2002 vulcan 500. Had to replace the throttle cables and removed the tank to give myself some extra room. My over zealous cousin that was helping me disconnected the fuel lines from the petcock while I was in the house so I have no pics to look at to redo what he unhooked. I found the "nubs" that the vacuum lines attach to one on the right side. The other is on the petcock and runs to the same looking nub or whatever you want to call it o left sidea on carberator. My main problem is I can't for the life of me figure out where the main fuel line from the petcock runs to. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Second problem is more of I have no idea what's going on been told it's my shift forks but when switching gears it's really clunky and have even felt the gear shift roll over top of the gear before sliding in place. Just curious how serious is this. Should I not ride at all before getting fixed or can I ride rest of the year and fix this winter.
a) go to the mechanic's corner section

2) top left, click on button that says 'start new thread';

c) copy and paste all of your post;

d) click 'submit...', scroll down to see it.

You're welcome ;-).

·
Super Moderator
10,646 Posts
Riding no problems. Stopped for 15 minutes. Tried to start. Starter cranks. Smell fuel. Will not fire.
Head down to the "Mechanic's Section" and post up. It will be helpful to note the make, model, engine, year, etc., etc. of your bike.

Help us help you.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.