Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a quick question. I installed aftermarket pipes and the FI200 fuel modual and the bike ran great. I just installed a hypercharger and now the bike stalls when I slow down in 1st gear. I tried the idle adjustment with no luck. My friend told me it was because its roughly 30 degrees here and that is what is doing it. I told him I didn't think so. Does anyone have any ideas. My bike is a 2006 Vulcan LT.

Thank you,

Bill

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Does it do it all of the time?? Kind of strange it would start after the air kit install as I would suspect something with the fi processor. Do you have all the proper lights on the fi processor as you add throttle??

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
Pipes and FI2000 first? Since installing the Hypercharger what adjustments did you make to the FI2000?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Most of the time, when people have problems with stalling or idling after an air intake installation, it is due to a vacuum leak. Either adapter not seating properly on the gasket or a simple vacuum line that is no longer used not being plugged up.

·
Not so Newbie
248 Posts
I don't know much about a hypercharger, but if the bike runs well at speed but idles rough or stalls I would troubleshooting a vacuum leak first too.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My experience after pipes, FI2000r and BAK installed all at once:
fired up great
went about 4 blocks awsome
pulled up to stop and bike dies
bike dies at all stop signs/lights, even when idling through turns.

Fix:
In the process of removing your factory breather, trying to figure out how to get that big knob through the cleaner housing, the idle has been tweaked too low.
So the bike ran great when cold, but after you got down the road and it warmed up, the idle is dialed so far back it dies on you through turns, stops, etc.

Fire her up, let it idle a few until the idle drops off, then adjust the idle up until she runs where you want. Since it's cold, it'll take longer before the engine to warms up enough for the idle to drop off.

Don't know where you'll end up w/ your processor settings. Seems a lot end up running 2-2-1 or 2-1-1.
A lot have mentioned the smell of fuel with the first pot on 4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts