Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2006 ex250 a few weeks ago, and it had been running fine until today. I started my bike this morning with my choke fully on, and let the bike idle until it was a little warmer, so I let the choke half way out. I started down the road, with my choke still halfway on. About 100 yards away from my house, I turned the choke completely off and continued riding. Everything felt normal until my throttle felt much less responsive than normal. As I pulled up to the approaching stoplight, my bike died. I couldn't get the bike to restart with or without choke, so I parked my bike in a nearby parking lot, walked to my car and drove to school. On my way back from school, I stopped at my bike, started it, and rode it home with the choke halfway on and it felt normal. When I arrived at my house, the bike was even idling at a little under 2 grand without choke, as it should. I checked everything: gas, petcock, kill switch, charged battery, ignition key etc. No aftermarket modifications on the bike whatsoever. what could be happening?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the store today and bought a bottle of fuel injector/carb cleaner. The instructions say to pour the bottle into the gas tank. Has anyone had experience with such a product? I'm going to run it through the system, and i will update soon after. Thanks for the responses! :D

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I removed the carbs, and cleaned all the jets and bowls with carb cleaner. They didn't look dirty at all, but I still cleaned them as best as I could. I reinstalled them in the bike and it ran completely fine. I don't know what the problem was, but it's gone now, haha. It idles and runs as it should. Thanks for the help :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.