Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Is there anyone out there who knows about bikes?? I have a new bike a 04 ninja 250ex. I started it today and it was fine. I cut it off to roll it out of the garage and it wouldn't start and started making a buzzing sound. Do you have any ideas to what this could be?? Hit me up

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
is it BRAND NEW ? if so then the dealer should be taking care of this.
also a couple things if its BRAND NEW
1. battery cables loose at battery
2. battery cable loose at starter solenoid/starter
3. ground cable loose at battery/frame
4. wire bad in starter solenoid plug
5. solenoid bad
6. starter button bad
7, battery NOT FULLY CHARGED at dealer before selling bike
8. battery low on distilled water,charge
get a manual so you can check these things. :wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Good point quick,

The bike is still under warranty - If you want to learn and do some of the things suggested - great... If not, the dealer can fix this as Quik mentioned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are so right. I just would rather get it started enough to get it to the dealership. Rather than having to have it towed and all that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
get on the phone to the dealer and tell him come and pick the bike up, least you can expect with new things is they work for a while

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
if you just want to get it running to get it to the dealer then bump start it. get on the bike, hold the clutch in, put it in 2nd/3rd gear, get your dad to push you , then pop the clutch , have your choke on just like you would when using the starter button. or find a big ol california hill and coast down it to get some speed up, do the same as above and pray it starts before you get to the bottom :wink: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts