Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Mobile, AL and just got my my electricity back on 9-22. Three trees fell on my house causing damage but all three hits were glancing blows - it could have been much worse. Bikeaholic lives in Pensacola, FL which got hit a lot worse than Mobile, AL by Hurricane Ivan. Still too much debris on the roads to ride a bike safely in my neighborhood but I expect to be able to ride safely by 9-28 or 9-29 at the latest.

Has anyone heard from Bikeaholic? He lives in Pensacola.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
we've been posting on a different string with that question in mind. glad you made it through with minor problems.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sounds like it will be time to see if you really have a good insurance co or a great one now. Hope they put your house back together quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sent bike a pm several days ago and have not heard back from him. has ANYONE heard from him? I hope he's ok...

·
Registered
837 Posts
yea...dont think he's too worried bout scoot cruisin right now..pensacola got tore up pretty good..i used to live in atmore al. just across the state line from pensacola.we got hit by a hurricane back in the '70's...could'nt go to pensacola fishin for a while after that . i've been thru several blow hards since then...lots of stuff to clean up, including your own stuff as well as others..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Budfan,

Where do you live. I live in Mobile, AL now but I grew up in Houston, TX. I see you are in south Texas. I spent a lot of my younger years in Rockport, Port Aransas, Aransas Pass and Corpus Christi. Great fishing for Specks and Reds! Almost as much fun as riding my bike.

I like riding my bike better, mainly because there is no boat to clean up after I go fishing. I miss those fried trout filets, though...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mobile trash on streets

BTW, there is still a lot of debris on the side streets and at the street edges in Mobile, AL which makes biking a little dicey in places. However the weather since Ivan has been great and I have seen a few bikes on the main roads - all cruisers (no sportbikes or UJM).

Pensacola got hit a lot worse than Mobile did so I suspect the Bikeaholic is a busy fellow right now with the cleanup. I am not worried about his riding. I am worried about his safety and well-being though.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i live 22 miles west of baffin bay...workin at bay city right now..we went fishin wed and thursday..tore those red fish and trout up...spent the night on the floating cabbin in the land cut...for supper..i fished and caught trout..nother guy would fillett the fish and nother guy had the corn meal and grease hot...25 fish later..we were eating the freshes fish you could eat :wink: 8) ( supper and breakfast )...

bsteff said:
Budfan,

Where do you live. I live in Mobile, AL now but I grew up in Houston, TX. I see you are in south Texas. I spent a lot of my younger years in Rockport, Port Aransas, Aransas Pass and Corpus Christi. Great fishing for Specks and Reds! Almost as much fun as riding my bike.

I like riding my bike better, mainly because there is no boat to clean up after I go fishing. I miss those fried trout filets, though...

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Bikeaholic: it is good to see you back on line again I hope all is well for you and yours in Florida, I have lots of friends there in the fire service there and even after speaking with them, it is still hard understand.

Good Luck and Good Riding
Corey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts