Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just heard that a good friend of mine, and a V2K rider, was killed this morning in a head-on collision, after losing control on a bend. It was a group trip that I was meant to be on, but one of my kids is ill.

Andy was a great rider and a thoroughly decent bloke. It still hasn't sunk in that he's dead. Jesus. One of our own.

I am so sick of death. That's two biker friends in two months.

I'm sorry. I can't type any more.

·
Freshman
628 Posts
I hate hearing stories like this...reminds me of how vulnerable we are out there.

Prayer's to his friends and family.

MD

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
I'm so sad to hear that. I have no idea of who he was, but it still hurts. :(

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Make you feel any better I've lost a guy I knew in a car accident. You're not bulletproof when you're caging either.

But I am sorry for your and the families loss. Ride safe.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way... but at least he died doing something he enjoyed.

Always sad to hear a rider bit it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have just heard that a good friend of mine, and a V2K rider, was killed this morning in a head-on collision, after losing control on a bend. It was a group trip that I was meant to be on, but one of my kids is ill.

Andy was a great rider and a thoroughly decent bloke. It still hasn't sunk in that he's dead. Jesus. One of our own.

So sorry Patrick, you ok, do you want to met up for a chat, I can come to you or you here. Will remember him at Mass tomorrow, there as been a few local biker deaths in the paper lately one just around the corner in the Falmer road (the police signs are still up). Hugs, Rob

·
Sick Puppy
3,210 Posts
My sympathy to the friends and family. We can only hope that our exit is quick, doing something we love.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RIP Andy. May the roads in Heaven be fun. Prayers sent from Reno

Slots

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the kind thoughts; I will pass them on to Andy's family.

I have just heard that another friend and club member is in intensive care in Belgium after coming off his bike. This has not been a good couple of weeks. We lost another local biker the weekend before. I am riding over to the Northwest 200 road race tomorrow. I have just got to get my head clear for a few days.

I am gutted.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts