Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to make it down to Daytona Sunday for a few hours. Weather started off cold but it warmed up nicely by mid day.

I had a good time but it just seemed like there were a lot less people than last year (which was down from the previous year). Traffic flowed smoothly, no stop-n-go except on Main Street proper and the intersection of US-1 and I-95. The number of vendors was down, as were the number of freaks. I guess the combination of cool weather and the sour economy is to blame.

Anyone else make it?

·
soft drinks & stiff women
694 Posts
I was able to make it down to Daytona Sunday for a few hours. Weather started off cold but it warmed up nicely by mid day.

I had a good time but it just seemed like there were a lot less people than last year (which was down from the previous year). Traffic flowed smoothly, no stop-n-go except on Main Street proper and the intersection of US-1 and I-95. The number of vendors was down, as were the number of freaks. I guess the combination of cool weather and the sour economy is to blame.

Anyone else make it?
:worthless:

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were bikes a plenty, a few babes, and of course some beer flowing... just nothing outstanding. I have this phone in my pocket that takes good quality pics and vids. I pulled it out several times at Biketoberfest last year and got some excelent footage. Nothing special this time around.

I did take a look at the new Indian offerings. Nice bikes but no prices listed, wonder why. The "Dark Horse" looked a little strange with the closed fender.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
I was there Sunday also as well as today. Although the crowds weren't jammed in ya gotta remember that the big crowds don't hit town until Thursday of this week. we are in agreement that the vendor count seems to be down and even the price of some goods. Beach street was happening, compared to the last two years.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is Beach St. on the west end of the Main St. Bridge? I actually stopped there for the first time Sunday... free parking. That's where I saw the Indian display.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I went Friday, it seemed like a total ghost town compared to what I expected. Went over again today with Mr. Wick, again there was not as near as many people as I thought there would be. Hopefully it will pick up before the week is out. And there were babes, see.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was there fri thrus sunday. Drove from jax, fl. heres some pics from main street sorry not so great i forgot my camera so i had to use my phone.

AND HERES SOME BETTER STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was there on sunday,but rode back home at dusk(northwest polk county) cold as all get out.took a long time to get out of daytona alot longer than gettin in.goin back sat.and sun. still had a blast

1 - 14 of 14 Posts