Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
humble pie consumer
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else as weary of the color black as I am? The majority of everything “motorcycle” is black. From helmets to chaps, jackets to luggage; a serious majority of everything is black. I am looking for a new jacket and find little to nothing attractive that is not black. Oh well, just a rant.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have found that the majority of leather products are black. I find I can get mesh or textile in a variety of colors as well as helmets etc. I personally have a grey mesh that I wear during the summer and a black and grey textile for the cooler weather..

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
I think what's out there has a lot to do with what ya ride... I haven't seem a plethora of colorful items for cruiser wear. Sport bikes? A completely different story - you can do both you and your bike in matching "outfits".

As my bike is silver and black, the preponderance of black works out well for me :)

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
I wear a bright blue jacket on my red cruiser, so I'm definitely not matched with the bike.

That being said, I do plan to get a new jacket this season, which will likely be something in a gray/black combo. The helmet is black, as are my boots. My riding pants that I wear on cold days or when traveling are black. However, my rain suit is bright red since visibility is paramount in gloomy weather. On a bright sunny day, between my windshield and the glare from the headlight, I doubt the color of my jacket makes an difference at all. At nice, even most black jackets (the textile ones in particular) have reflect bits on them, so they'll show up as good or better than other colors.

I think it's just easier to wear shades of gray or black since it goes with any color you happen to have going on along with it. You don't have to worry about what color the bike is, either.

The other thing is, black is pretty universal. It can look both conservative and bad-a**, depending on the style of the gear. You can have one jacket that will look fine on any type of bike.

Black ages well, too. It never really goes out of style, which is nice, considering how much a quality leather riding jacket can cost.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
color coordinated is nice but not manditory...

and as i found out...costly...esp when the "ex" leaves with all six of her riding sets......I was gonna CL em LOL

·
humble pie consumer
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think what's out there has a lot to do with what ya ride... I haven't seem a plethora of colorful items for cruiser wear. Sport bikes? A completely different story - you can do both you and your bike in matching "outfits".

As my bike is silver and black, the preponderance of black works out well for me :)
You may by right. I didn't think to look at sport bike gear as I ride a cuiser. I will see whats out there.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Art this is what I ware, but of course it is black but they have lots of colors. Most of their customers are AV riders but they have great gear, custom made to fit and not that more expensive than off the shelf. Besides they are right down in you neck of the woods. They like to have folks stop in.

ultra ii cordura jacket 1000 denier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts