Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Kuryakyn iso grips on my old cruiser and really liked them. I want to put them on my MS but need to find some all black ones. Does anyone know if it is possible to powder coat those grips or if you can buy similar ones that are all black?

·
Registered
422 Posts
i was looking for the exact same thing for my bike, but i dont think they make them all black. if you could strip the chrome plating off and take the rubber inserts out, you should be able to get them powder coated.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I had Kuryakyn iso grips on my old cruiser and really liked them. I want to put them on my MS but need to find some all black ones. Does anyone know if it is possible to powder coat those grips or if you can buy similar ones that are all black?
I have heard there is a black chrome process. If so, then that might work for you. Good luck.

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
hope this helps.

You can have them painted. The grip body is plastic isn't it? I think powdercoat only works on metallic/conductive materials.

the link below is a local shop that specializes in stuff for wings, and they have examples of colormatched iso grips that look pretty cool. Don't know how available they are for vulcans, but obviously it can be done.

http://www.wingman.com/rte.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts