Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems every pair of black gloves I have the dye comes out when my hands get sweaty. Does anyone know of a method to treatment that will lock the dye in so it doesn't bleed all over every thing I touch???

How do the high end clothing companies do it?

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Don't know. Never found any that don't bleed. I use natural tanned work gloves in the summer and ski gloves in the winter.

·
Biker Chef
1,026 Posts
Funny I was just pondering this the other day. 10 years ago I bought a long cuff "for fall" pair of HJC gloves. The **** things bleed every time it rains, and I mean bleed. You would think after all the times they have gotten wet by rain it would eventually let up...not a chance. I wear those gloves in the rain and it looks like I spray bombed my hands flat black, it's that bad.

This summer I bought a summer pair of Joe Rocket gloves. Had them get soaked by a thunderstorm and not a drop of dye leeched out. Wish they fit better though as I figured they'd stretch a bit, but the right gloves just feels weird on my hand, likes it's bonching up even though it isn't..

·
NEW VULCAN, OLD RIDER
734 Posts
The only solution I have found for this problem is to always wear lined gloves. I wear police pat down gloves that have a kevlar type lining to prevent cuts from hidden razors and such. They also work real well protecting from road rash should you go down and are available at any uniform store.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, here's what I found that works. Its called RIT and can be found in crafts and fabric stores. I had to go to three of them. They carried a lot of the RIT dyes but not the "fixative". Let the gloves air dry, they will shrink a little if you place them in the direct sun,

You can order it online here: RIT fixative : Shop | Joann.com

·
2 owners high mileage
156 Posts
if any of you guys are still looking for gloves that dont bleed... get the Northern Ireland Issue military glove, lined and with a soft pad on the back protecting the knuckles..they are warm, tough, excellent for wiping the visor in rain with the padded part and you can leave them in a bucket of water and wear them soaking wet and they will not leech out color..I always wear gloves for protection, and use thinner ones when it's hot but my N I issue gloves get worn 95% of the time and are just great in winter..and i use the old ones in the garage to protect my knuckles when doing mechanical work..they resist oil and petrol too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts