Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i checked the oil while the motor wasnt running and after the motor was warmed up . i pulled the cap off of the resovor and oil shot everywhere . i started up the motor without the cap on and oil went everywhere . anyone else have this problem ? whats the fix ? thanks robert

·
Registered
264 Posts
The first time it spued was with the engine off? Sounds odd to me. Oil level was normal when you checked it? What kind of bike is it? Mine has a "sight glass" so I never have to open mine except at oil changing time. Sounds like there was pressure built up? Mine has "flapper valves" in the top of the valve cover that release pressure back into the air box. If you have something like that, maybe they are stuck?

Brian

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
generally all motors have some oil spalsh out if you remove a cap on the crankcase.
So if thats what you mean, its normal...........but my question is why would you take it off with the motor running.

And its always good to start with what the bike is including make, model, year etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.