Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike blows the fuse that is connected to the Rectifier/regulator. The bike will run perfectly, then the fuse blows. I have replaced the rectifier/regulator, new battery and checked the wiring for any bare or shorting areas.

I have a 19811 440 LTD. This is a new problem that just started.

Mesuite

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
FUSE

Check to see that you actually have the right fuse amperage. IF it is right then remove all the other fuses, or at least lift one side to disconnect teh circuit. start the bike and see what happens. IF it doesn't blow the fuse then move all of the wires around, including the ones going to the ingnition switch and the emergency off/on/off switch. play with all of your controls and see if ANY of them cause the problem. if nothing then place another fuse in the circuit and repeat....until you find the problem...you could also take a misting bottle like water for your hair and spray the ignition and switches and sideplates till it blows and you will then know what area is causing the problem...and then go in looking at the areas even closer!!! LET ME KNOW what you find...I'm an electronics tech, and I enjoy the puzzle problem solvers. I hate when people have to find shorts or opens, but I really like to know what they find, and where. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts