Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all ,

what do you guys think of body lift kits? instead of suspension lifts to allow room for taller tire or bigger rims.

suspension lifts i think are not good imop,due to it affects the "working" angle of drive lines and changes suspesion angles whick can wear tires and cuase funny things to happen ,

where as a body lift does not change any angles of the drive line but may have to relocate some brake line fasteners and some wireing harness clips.
and you can run a bigger wider tire and have the same clearences.

i know a body lift works on a atv but do they make them for a mule.being they almost have the same style of suspension just more robust pieces.

any thoughts?-corey-

·
Registered
29 Posts
ya know, a friend of mine made a joke about this the other day and i had never really thought about it, i didnt know that you could put a body lift on an atv. i figured that there would be problems with the plastic holding up the weight without the frame directly below it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well there is no wieght really except for the wieght of the panels,except where your sittin,we used stiff rubber mounts"custom made" and washers on all the panels and grade 8 bolts 1 inch longer for a 1/2 inch lift.we did this about 4 yr ago to a junker hondafourtrax.it worked well no flexing of the panels etc no crackin plus we got a much taller tire under the panels for deep mud hole ridein,

i just wonder if it can be done to a mule.it would be more cost effective if it could be done.then a suspension lift.

·
Registered
444 Posts
hey all ,

what do you guys think of body lift kits? instead of suspension lifts to allow room for taller tire or bigger rims.

suspension lifts i think are not good imop,due to it affects the "working" angle of drive lines and changes suspesion angles whick can wear tires and cuase funny things to happen ,

where as a body lift does not change any angles of the drive line but may have to relocate some brake line fasteners and some wireing harness clips.
and you can run a bigger wider tire and have the same clearences.

i know a body lift works on a atv but do they make them for a mule.being they almost have the same style of suspension just more robust pieces.

any thoughts?-corey-
What would the advantage of just lifting the body, just to keep the tires from rubbing the fenders? How would you do this? It looks to me that would just make the Mule even more top heavy. I thought about just moving the front fenders up or taking them off. That was one of my problems with the large aftermarket Swamp Boss tires and the Vision wheels. The tires rubbed on the front fenders in a turn,when the body was loaded down.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Really.. how much are you going to be able to lift the body? 1" maybe 2".. I'd think 2" of BL would look pretty stupid.. I guess gaining 2 tire sizes would be nice.. the bonus about suspension lift is that you gain more clearance. But I see your point about cheap lifts changing drivetrain angles..

I guess it's 50/50.. What about trimming?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we did a 1/2 inch and ran a 2 size taller tire and had clearence on turning but we gained like i think 1 inch or maybe a little more on ground clearence with the tires it self,

i can see maybe getting top heavy with a mule @ 1-2 inch but maybe just a 1/2 inch of lift willl do ok ? i dont know gor sure thats something id like to try out if i ever come across a mule-corey-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts