Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Am Trying To Get The Chrome Plugs Out Of The Stock Risers On My 900 But I Don't Wan't To Scratch Anything Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions

·
Registered
49 Posts
pulled mine with my nails also. Installed the high polish PHATS. made the bike just right. No more bending at the waist. The new plugs just slide in to. One fell out the first day. Bummer

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
pulled mine with my nails also. Installed the high polish PHATS. made the bike just right. No more bending at the waist. The new plugs just slide in to. One fell out the first day. Bummer
Hey Honk, where did you find the new plugs? Mine didn't come with any.

D

·
Registered
49 Posts
the head size is slighty different, so the stock ones would not work on the new ones. I have had 4 back ops so these risors worked perfect. I thought they were to high at first, but then they worked great once I got used to it,

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I agree, the risers are a must have. I didn't realize how much more control I feel not bending over to ride. I thought it was wierd that the Aromach risers didn't come with plugs though. The stockers don't fit. I will call scoot works tomorrow. Thank's.

D

·
Registered
49 Posts
anytime! Hope I can still do some ridin, but we got some snow on the ground right now. Bummer! The snowmobile is ready for the season though! Love that sport too!:tongue:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
We're hoping to get some more seat time this year also. I signed up for most of the polarbear runs. The only part that gets me is the hands get cold.

D

·
Registered
49 Posts
where in PA are you? I'm in western ny. We always had to put handlebar warmers on our old sleds , now they all come with them stock. I'll bet you could install the warmers in the ends of each bar, just like in the sleds. Seems like it should work. Always used to be an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
We are right outside of Phildelphia. I found some heated grips, but I just put grips on this summer that I love. Didn't want to take them of. I ordered handle bar chaps, but they don't seem safe. I may have to go with new grips.

D

·
Registered
624 Posts
I ordered the Phat II risers from Scootworks and they came with new plugs. The stock plugs fit inside the countersink. The new ones fit inside the hex head. They don't look quite as good but they work.

I only have about 100 miles since the Phat II install, so I'm still getting used to them. But the first impression is "WOW", how did I ever do without them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts