Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 93 Ex500 and replaced the tank. The bolts on the petcock are less than stellar, but for the life of me, I havent been able to find the size.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just as a wild guess, have you tried an 8mm socket?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry.

I meant thread sizing. Everything, I seem to not be able to get a set

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Try www.bikebandit.com or even a kawi dealership and try and order the factory bolts. I usually just take one of the factory bolts up to the hardware store and search until I find one that matches. (we also have 4 HUGE hardware stores here)

·
Registered
456 Posts
It might be that the reason that you can't find a matching bolt is because they are fine thread. I don't know that they are fine thread, but if they are, they can be a bear to locate replacements, unless you get them from the dealer or a place like http://www.bikebandit.com or someone who has a really big selection of bolts.
Curt

·
Registered
29 Posts
I spent several hours yesterday running around from hardware store to hardware store looking for a 10mm fine thread nut. Nobody carried until I got to menards, they carried it but were out of stock, I was desperate so I asked a employee that walked by and ask if they possably had some more stored somewhere, knowing his answer would be no. He ended up looking thru all the drawers looking to see if anyone put one in the wrong bin, he found two. I have to say for my first time ever in Menards I was impressed with the customer service. sorry I'm rambling. I think that the fine thread nuts and bolts are more of a gold color than the regular thread, that might help you find it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
wow...menards, I haven't seen one of those since SD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts