Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Wind is good
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I used to never wear boots. Now that I'll be back in riding, I'd like some suggestions for boots for everyday rides, and still okay in a jeans tolerated office environment.

·
Wind is good
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually found some Danner hot weather work boots on closeout for 40 clams. Light and vented, should work well for work. We'll see how they are to wear all day.
Danner® 6" Zion™ DXTVent™ Plain Toe Work Boot

Also picked up a pair of Diadora worn once motorcycle boots for $50 on ebay for any longer rides I may take. Pretty sweet.

Me likey the deals.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
I have Harley boots, and Redwings, like them both for street riding.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I was looking at somthing similar to the SD3 boots until I read some reviews about how when you have your feet up, your pant legs get caught on the rims of the ankles and make you look silly. So I decided to get some like 13 engineer boots? I think but they are very similar to my fathers RedWing boots that I think are very comfortable. But they are expensive.

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Tourmaster, Alpinestar and TCX have some nice boots that are pretty low-key and non-descript. They're also pretty comfortable for wearing off the bike.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
I've got a pair of Sidi Way Rain boots...and they're great...low profile under jeans (don't look awkward), they're comfortable to walk in, they are waterproof, offer quite a bit of protection, feel great on the bike...

But don't buy them. They are ridiculously hot...they DO NOT breathe. In warm temperatures (read: ideal riding weather) or if you're walking around...they're seriously uncomfortable because of how hot they get. :frown:

Everyone always offers advise on what to buy...figured I'd eliminate one for ya ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a pair of Bates Tactical boots that zip up the side as well as lace up the front. The toes are reinforced and they have great traction, all for about $80.

·
New Guy
275 Posts
I just got hit by a woman that ran a red light and T-Boned in February.

The hood of her truck hit me in the shoulder, and her bumper got me in the shin.

I ended up with a broken shoulder and a bump/bruise on my shin.

My Alpinestar SMX boots upper plate armor got the brunt of the blow, even the paramedics said if I wasn't wearing them my fib/tib would have been snapped.

Don't worry about price on boots, you can't put a price on your body parts.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I have never cared for the style of motorcycle boots so have been wearing gore-tex hiking boots (short). Well in July on a 5 day ride we hit some bad wind gust/rain and my rain liner came up over my left boot and it quickly filled with water. That gore-tex keeps water it in the boot really well.....Anyway decided today to pick up some new boots. Looked a Sidi/Alpinestar....also a Triumph gore-tex made for them by Alpinestart that sells for about $340. Well after reading some reviews picked up Some Tour Master Solution boots from my local Kawi dealer for $127 out the door. You can find them cheaper online but I don't mind paying a few dollars more to check the fit. In the reviews most people really liked them and said they were just as good as boots for twice the price....so we will see. Here is the official scoop on them:

Tour Master :: Boots :: Solution WP Road Boot

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I have never cared for the style of motorcycle boots so have been wearing gore-tex hiking boots (short). Well in July on a 5 day ride we hit some bad wind gust/rain and my rain liner came up over my left boot and it quickly filled with water. That gore-tex keeps water it in the boot really well.....Anyway decided today to pick up some new boots. Looked a Sidi/Alpinestar....also a Triumph gore-tex made for them by Alpinestart that sells for about $340. Well after reading some reviews picked up Some Tour Master Solution boots from my local Kawi dealer for $127 out the door. You can find them cheaper online but I don't mind paying a few dollars more to check the fit. In the reviews most people really liked them and said they were just as good as boots for twice the price....so we will see. Here is the official scoop on them:

Tour Master :: Boots :: Solution WP Road Boot

Rog,
I have the Web Gore-Tex ones by Alpinestar and they look almost identical to the Tourmaster boots. So far, they have been great. They are my only m/c boots right now, so I've worn them in everything from rain to the extreme heat, to walking around and the perform just fine. If the Tourmaster boots function anywhere near as good as their jackets (I have the FlexII) then they will be great.
Web Gore-tex Boot - Alpinestars Official Store

1 - 18 of 18 Posts