Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bike-less
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea, after waiting weeks, I decided to go take my motorcycle license test today.

And I passed! Congrats to me!
Now I'm just waiting to get a good deal on a bike, so I can grab it. That could take months though :( (parent factor involved as well).

On a side note: I've had my car license for almost 3 years now. Any idea why they made me get tested again today? I had to take two tests, one for M1 and for C.

·
Bike-less
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
isn't glendale near socal ?

there are some killer deals on bikes out there right now
Yes, that's true. BUT that's where the parent issue comes in :-D
Let's just say I may have to wait till I move out next semester. Until then, I have to work on the convincing part.

·
AKA *Kelly*
2,412 Posts
Yes, that's true. BUT that's where the parent issue comes in :-D
Let's just say I may have to wait till I move out next semester. Until then, I have to work on the convincing part.
Congratulations!!!
(keep working on the convincing part........YOU CAN DO IT!!!) :biggrin:

·
Registered
594 Posts
So yea, after waiting weeks, I decided to go take my motorcycle license test today.

And I passed! Congrats to me!
Now I'm just waiting to get a good deal on a bike, so I can grab it. That could take months though :( (parent factor involved as well).

On a side note: I've had my car license for almost 3 years now. Any idea why they made me get tested again today? I had to take two tests, one for M1 and for C.
How old are you? and have you recently come to Arizona out of state?

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Way To Go! You are off to a good start. Kissing up is always good when you want something. ;)

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Hahaha, step one complete.... remember... there is nothing wrong with being a suck-up if it works.
Now that there is funny. Congratulations on getting endorsed. And NOW is the time to find a bike.

·
Bike-less
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How old are you? and have you recently come to Arizona out of state?
I'm 19 and independent, with the exceptions of motorcycles and skydiving. :lol:

And no, I was born and raised in SoCal. If you're referring to Glendale, AZ. Then yea theres one in Cali too.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
You are a risk taker! Congrats on passing.Your new or new to you bike is just waiting for you to find it. Did you take the MSF course? If not go get it. More riding time,more fun, and more learning. Maybe even a better idea what bike you want. By then maybe you'll be free to get your bike too.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
You are a risk taker! Congrats on passing.Your new or new to you bike is just waiting for you to find it. Did you take the MSF course? If not go get it. More riding time,more fun, and more learning. Maybe even a better idea what bike you want. By then maybe you'll be free to get your bike too.
Not to mention that it'll help with the convincing part too.

Congrats, Vicken.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Did you take the MSF course? If not go get it. More riding time,more fun, and more learning.
Not to mention that it'll help with the convincing part too.

The MSF factor as I call it, is what gave me permission to get on a bike, not from a parent, but my wife! :lol:

Seriously, Brian's right. motorcycling is dangerous. Mom and Dad will be impressed and more likely to grant your wish if you acknoledge the risk and show your responsability in getting "professional" driver's ed specific to motorcycling. Even go to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation website with them so they can see the steps you are taking for safety.

Responsability is better than sucking up.

·
Bike-less
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did take the MSF back in August and that's what sparked my love for motorcycles. I've become obsessed ever since.

My parents know about it, but still don't budge on it. They know I'm very responsible, but worry about other drivers out there.

·
Gimme more twisties
1,090 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to to the world where 2 wheels can set you free.
It's great.
Try negotiating a future benefit to the parents ( I will be responsible for such and such a duty for such and such a time period --- for a bike now ).
(kinda like "I will gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today" ):wink:

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
I did take the MSF back in August and that's what sparked my love for motorcycles. I've become obsessed ever since.

My parents know about it, but still don't budge on it. They know I'm very responsible, but worry about other drivers out there.
Well, as a parent, and as a rider, I can fully understand. And congrats on taking the course and for having the proper attitude.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts

There are more advanced courses as well. Go for it! Still more time on a bike and hey that'll probably make you more skilled than many of us, including me! Over thirty years now and I'm still learning.

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
You got to get your Dad on your side. I got my 16-yr old son MSF trained and got a H-D Sportster for him. There was no way he was going to get a sportbike -- that he has to pay for himself and I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. Take your Dad to a bike show. Take him to 2 bike shows. Work on him to take a MSF class. Get him in your corner. I actually worry more about my now 17-yr old son following too closely to other drivers in his car that I worry about his riding a motorcycle.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Good job abd congrats on the milestone!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts