Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else done this? I was riding 2up at about 40 mph and hit a series of nasty rough spots on the road, envision many 4" deep pot holes one after another. Anyway, I had to ride straight through them and at one point felt a very large bump, sounded like metal on metal, and if I were in an auto, I would say it bottomed out.

Later, I glanced at the lower fairing and center stand and neither seemed to have been damaged, so I'm wondering what it was that hit? Total riders weight was 290lbs and rear shock at factory spec (new bike). It sounded and felt just like something bottomed out, but is there anything I can check to see. I've put a few hundred miles on it since and all is well. My guess is that I bottomed out the rear shock, but the impact didn't seem like enough to do this. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CENTERSTAND

The centerstand is good at doing this sort of thing...put your bike up on the sidewalk and lay under it next to the curb and look closely...MOst important when riding double up is to know the roads before ever going that way and being very cautious...Lecture time...do not traumatise the rider or passenger!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I've scraped the bottom w/o a passenger, and I only weigh 175 or so. but I also ride too hard. I've had this happen w/ passengers too. It seems to be centerstand related.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts