Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of buying a Victory for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger -- couldn't pass up a new 09 for $11k. Even has a 5 year warranty.

Unfortunately, that means I will have to sell my black 07 Mean Streak that has only 1,200 miles. I'll list it here once I get some pics. It's got some great aftermarket accessories -- Bub Jug Huggers exhaust, LED tail-light, smoked lenses, Iso grips, Cobra license plate, etc.

This has been a super informative forum, and guided my Mean Streak mods a lot. Does anyone know of a forum anywhere near as helpful for a Victory? I've found a couple sites, but they are no-where near as busy or helpful as this one. I doubt I will find anything similar -- but thought I would ask.

·
Is it 2012 yet!!??
538 Posts
Unfortunately, that means I will have to sell my black 07 Mean Streak that has only 1,200 miles. I'll list it here once I get some pics. It's got some great aftermarket accessories -- Bub Jug Huggers exhaust, LED tail-light, smoked lenses, Iso grips, Cobra license plate, etc.
How could you possibly only have 1,200 miles on an 07 Meanstreak??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Simply lucked out on the price. Ebay auction. I wasn't planning on seriously considering buying one until next spring -- no reason to buy one now just to store it. (Get's pretty cold here in IL in winter, and I'm no sadist.) However, this one was listed on ebay by a wholesaler, and I put in what I thought was a lowball "no way I'll get it" bid.

Victory : JACKPOT:eBay Motors (item 220498659487 end time Oct-28-09 16:32:11 PDT)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How could you possibly only have 1,200 miles on an 07 Meanstreak??

I bought it as essentially new in summer '08, and in one year have really only driven it around town. I rechecked, and it's actually about 1650 miles. My wife refuses to get on, so that really precludes any long trips together. Also makes it easier to consider a nice looking cruiser like the Jackpot -- since I don't need superb comfort or handling that would be more important for long trips.

·
Stealth Custom
4,838 Posts

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
Very nice Doc. I love the clean lines and tidy look...it seems they manage to hide everything that detracts from the beauty of the bike. Like the color too. Congrats.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great looking bike but if you only ride 850 miles a year whats the point? it will look good in your garage I guess.
Great deal though
While I would love to put more miles on, with a wife that won't ride -- and 4 kids I'm supposed to spend time with when not at work -- that limits things a lot. I'm sure I'll get some guys saying to just take off on your own, and I do that for short (50 mile) trips, but long trips solo would not be good for marital bliss.

I don't see the problem with riding to simply enjoy riding, when I can. This is not my main vehicle. While I will never rack up as many miles as many, it doen't make it any less fun for me when I do get the chance.
That is the point.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
While I would love to put more miles on, with a wife that won't ride -- and 4 kids I'm supposed to spend time with when not at work -- that limits things a lot. I'm sure I'll get some guys saying to just take off on your own, and I do that for short (50 mile) trips, but long trips solo would not be good for marital bliss.

I don't see the problem with riding to simply enjoy riding, when I can. This is not my main vehicle. While I will never rack up as many miles as many, it doen't make it any less fun for me when I do get the chance.
That is the point.
+1

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Nice Victory! Dang good deal too!! Ride when you can, spend plenty of time with those kids, they grow up so fast and soon enough they will be gone. Nothing is more important than being there for them as they grow!!
Good point!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.