Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 800A and I wouldn't sell her for love nor money, but I've also had a 24-year love affair for a kick start '76 ShovelHead that my Dad's friend has had since I was a kid. He's agreed to sell it to me after a complete rebuild and I'm leaving for Florida (from PA) this Friday (Dec 2nd) to pick her up. Her name is Scarlett and she's my new girlfriend. I CAN"T WAIT!

Here's a picture of her...

I am the luckiest bast*rd alive to have TWO bikes that I love this much! :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

dayum slicks :shock: that's awesome

i got a thing for scarlett :lol: :wink:

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trans101am said:
You ridin her back, or trukin her?
I rode to Florida and back on my 800A without a thought but with the weather and unforseen breakdowns, I don't wanna chance it. My Dad and I are bringing it back in his pickup.

I'll have to "test ride" her while I'm in Florida, of course, and you can imagine how much I'm gonna hate that... :wink:

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
Charlotte (my 800A) will get jealous to hear you talk like that.
When I finish her, this is close to what she'll look like (add a hypercharger and add 2" height to the bars)

Everytime I go for a ride, it'll be like choosin between a hot blonde or a hot brunette. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
What part of Florida, and when are you getting her? I live near Cocoa Beach, and let me tell you, the weather is PERFECT down here right now. At 8pm it's currently 69 degrees with just a very light breeze coming in off the water and hardly any humidity (relatively).

You might want to consider having the truck follow you until you get a bit north :)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts

Slicks said:
Everytime I go for a ride, it'll be like choosin between a hot blonde or a hot brunette. :D :D :D :D :D
Two bad you can't take 'em both out at once, one on each arm

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Both bike's Look good Slick's . Sad thing is I remember looking at the shovelhead at the dealer when it was new. I'd stay down in Fl. for awhile an ride it. You need a vacation!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Good for you Slicks!!!

Maybe the girlfriend will have to change her hair color? :D

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woah!!!!!! Hey Bikeaholic, after looking up where Cocoa Beach was, I noticed that you lived in Florida, too. So I checked to see how far you were from Deltona, thinking, on the off chance that you'd be close by, we could arrange to meet somewhere. YOU'RE 500 MILES AWAY!!! :shock: That just blows my mind!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
[YOU'RE 500 MILES AWAY!!! ] So what's the problem, Your in Fl. ,an your a biker, buying another bike. (LOL) Enjoy the trip Slicks.

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too true but what kills me though, is by the time I visited Bikeaholic in Pensacola and went back to Charlie's house in Deltona, I could have ridden home... to Pennsylvania! Just never thought of Florida being that big.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
nice bikes slick. i have been looking at some older kick start harleys lately, would make nice project bikes. i am not a harley person by any means, but i kinda like the old school ones. just have to keep the nomad for reliability ! sorry, had to throw that in there ! congrats !!!

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm with ya man. I'm keeping my 800A for reliability. Charlotte (my 800A) is like a new Mustang that I drive daily and Scarlett (Shovel) will be like a '69 Mustang under the white tarp in my garage that I take out for special occasions.... so to speak...

·
Registered
118 Posts

Slicks said:
bikeaholic said:
Charlotte (my 800A) will get jealous to hear you talk like that.
When I finish her, this is close to what she'll look like (add a hypercharger and add 2" height to the bars)

Beautiful bike, bro. Very nice.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yea-its a full days ride down to daytona,but its a nice ride if you take
hwy 98 (back way) over to the coast

we call this part of florida LA (lower alabama) :lol:

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Slicks said:
I'm with ya man. I'm keeping my 800A for reliability. Charlotte (my 800A) is like a new Mustang that I drive daily and Scarlett (Shovel) will be like a '69 Mustang under the white tarp in my garage that I take out for special occasions.... so to speak...
sounds like a pretty good setup to me !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts