Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first bike, a 2004 Vulcan 800 classic (silver). Before I even took it off the lot I had them put a set of cobra drag pipes on it and rejet the carb, boy does it sound awesome!! When looking for a bike I had narrowed it down to 3: the VN 800 classic, Suzuki Volusia 800, and the VN 1500 classic. I chose the 800 because its my first bike and didn't want to start too big, I'm 6'1" and 260 lbs but this 800 can really haul. I've already put over 150 miles on it and so far am impressed with it. My brother bought the Volusia but I think my Vulcan looks, sounds, and rides better. I'm glad that I'm now part of the Kawasaki family!!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
cograts

congrats on the new bike :D great choice, you'll be happy with the classic
you might lose a little low end with the drag pipes but once wound up it should move out pretty good. biggest thing with these 800's i've found is they don't like to be short shifted,they like to be wound out a little between gears,they will shift alot smoother that way and won't foul the #2 plug as bad
good idea not going with the 1500,if your gonna go that big move up to the 1600 with fuel injection,lots of great features for a little more money

ride safe :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts