Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted before that my 900LT started making a strange "airy" kind of noise. Our local dealer, where we purchased the bike, tried to tell us it was "normal". WRONG!!!

We traveled an hour away to another dealership in Fredericksburg, VA and were VERY impressed with them!!! So, we made an appointment!!! My baby is going under the knife tomorrow, like me!!!! Since I am having my surgery tomorrow, Chaz trailered the bike to them earlier today to leave with them.

The service man explained that they would talk to the Kawasaki tech line to see if this problem has occurred with any others, they checked for recalls or warnings, etc.... He said they would tear it apart and check everything. If they couldn't detect the problem yet, they would have all this documented so if the problem came back or caused a real problem after the warranty expired, it would still be covered. We felt very comfortable leaving the bike there!! :biggrin:

Well, the MAIN reason for this post, is that they actually started working on it TODAY!!!!! Earlier than the appointment time!!!! :shock: How often does that happen?!!! Then, the service guy called us to tell us what they think!!!!

Turns out, as they started tearing it down some, they believe it is a problem in the cam area. They are ordering some parts that won't be in until next week. He wanted to make sure it would be okay with us if they kept it a week waiting for the parts!!!!! Can you believe that?!!!! :eek: Of course, Chaz told them my riding days are over for several weeks right now because of surgery. They will have to take the motor out to replace these parts, so the guy told Chaz they won't take it out and leave it laying around on a bench until the parts come in!!!!

I am just SO IMPRESSED!!!! How often do you find a big dealership with such personalized service?!!!!! :tongue:

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
WOW.... might be worth it for me to ride down there for service!
I didn't know you were getting surgery Cheri. Hope everything is OK.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
wow! my dealer is a small time dealer and has a whopping 2 employees!(3 when the owner graces the shop)

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
What kind of "airy noise are you refering to and from what part of the bike.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I am just SO IMPRESSED!!!! How often do you find a big dealership with such personalized service?!!!!! :tongue:
Too bad it's a little 2,707 mile jaunt for me or I'd be there! I can't imagine what it's like to have that kind of service from a dealer instead of it being a ****ing match or pullin' teeth every time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Best of luck with both lots of surgery CheriAnn!

Was :)

PS

Couldn't get the dealer to do both operations ( two for the price of one ) ?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well, the MAIN reason for this post, is that they actually started working on it TODAY!!!!! Earlier than the appointment time!!!! :shock: How often does that happen?!!!
It's winter and they are short of work. They can start working on it early or they can pay their employees to do nothing.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
The bike will be fine, Hope everything's OK with YOU! Good luck!
Jack

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Cheri, good luck with the bike and your surgery!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Good luck to you both! I hope everything will go fine for you.
Best wishes

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Wow, you and your baby are both under the blade at the same time....

You'll both be fine.
It's a tag team thing. Hope everything turns out ok for both of you!

·
PColaFl V2K LT
3,224 Posts
Here's hopping you both come thru the shop with flying colors. LOL

My dealer is a little different. Yesterday I called him to find out how they would handle my bags. One has a missing stud the other has a broken snap. Seems small so I figured they would have tools to just put on a new stud and snap. He says they don't carry tools like that. "Well, would you have to warranty the bags and order new ones?" He says "I don't do anything over the phone, you'll have to let me look at it". "Hmm, What you'll see is one stud missing and one snap broke so when I ride up there and you see that will you order new bags?" He says, "I don't do anything over the phone" I didn't want him to order anything I just wanted to know if that was an option. All I got was "I'll have to look at them" I wanted to tell him what an absolute &$^^%**(&$%(^*)^&)&*$&^%*( he sounded like. But I didn't.
Anyway, this just emphasizes how lucky you are to have a good dealer.

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
I would be happy if my service techs just knew how to dial my number.
That sounds like a great shop.
I hope you're getting the same treatment at the hospital!

Soon enough you'll be back on yer steed, both of you better than before!

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Here's hopping you both come thru the shop with flying colors. LOL

My dealer is a little different. Yesterday I called him to find out how they would handle my bags. One has a missing stud the other has a broken snap. Seems small so I figured they would have tools to just put on a new stud and snap. He says they don't carry tools like that. "Well, would you have to warranty the bags and order new ones?" He says "I don't do anything over the phone, you'll have to let me look at it". "Hmm, What you'll see is one stud missing and one snap broke so when I ride up there and you see that will you order new bags?" He says, "I don't do anything over the phone" I didn't want him to order anything I just wanted to know if that was an option. All I got was "I'll have to look at them" I wanted to tell him what an absolute &$^^%**(&$%(^*)^&)&*$&^%*( he sounded like. But I didn't.
Anyway, this just emphasizes how lucky you are to have a good dealer.
What he should have said to you was what we tell alot of our customers. Warranty claims are based upon inspection. If it does not look broken from impact or abuse, then it's covered. If the bag looks like you low sided, and that's what broke your buckle, then that's not a defect.

Instead he pis$ed you off. What a tool!

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Its good to hear you found a good dealer/service dept for the bikes. I have been going thru fits with this areas service dept ...

Sure hope you get well soon, Cheri!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts