Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, the light on my kdx200 is OK, but as soon as I apply the brake the brake light filament blows, any ideas...Ian

·
Registered
191 Posts
could

could be a short somewhere. follow your wires and make sure the connectors are fine. if you have low voltage its gonna try to pull more current and pop the bulb. if youve got a multimeter check your volt at the connectors with the bike running. im not sure what those things run but make sure you have the correct volt and amp rated bulb. when did this problem start?

matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Ever since I bought the bike the brake light has been blowing, about a year. driving me mad.......Thanks for your reply.Ian

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SHORT

It has to be a short follow the wires from the fuse box back to the light...remove the bulb and look to see if it has two contacts if so check the bulb is it an 1157 size bulb and does it have two contact on it or just one?? IF YOU REMOVE THE BULB AND HIT THE BRAKE DOES IT BLOW THE FUSE....if it doesn't then you have the wrong bulb in the socket!!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WELL?

Just wondering if you have the problem solved. The dealer could tell you exactly what bulb goes in, but it should be in your Maintenance Manual as well. The manual is kinda really important, as it has instructions on how to do things, check things and torque values, valuable information. You should have one and it should be listed in ther about all of this...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts