Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could kindly provide me the part numbers to what the maintenance chart refers to as the "Brake master cylinder cup and dust seal? I cannot figure out exactly what these parts are from the diagrams. Thanks, Taro

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Yea man - definately need this in order for us to even begin to help you. Go here and check out the films yourself under Front Master Cylinder.

:cool:
You trying to put me outta a job? ;)

I'm working on reading minds here in mechanics site, and you're going to give them info to help themselves? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Tina i was under the impression you parts type people were trained in Mind Reading, Guesstimation, And the old favourite water Divination..........:)

Trouble nowdays everyone want's it easy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slightest challange and out goes the Dummy :mrgreen:

Our parts Technician knows what most customers need before they do and it's usually the Fekin Exit...............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Tina i was under the impression you parts type people were trained in Mind Reading, Guesstimation, And the old favourite water Divination..........:)

Trouble nowdays everyone want's it easy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slightest challange and out goes the Dummy :mrgreen:

Our parts Technician knows what most customers need before they do and it's usually the Fekin Exit...............:rolleyes:
Well, I'm almost certain it's a Kawi, think it may be a cruiser, might even be green! :biggrin:

I guess I can look through all 577 posts this gentleman has, and see what comes up.

Naaa, I'm not that bored yet! :cool:

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
The psychic told me he has a 2004 EX500!

43027 43027-1055 PLATE-DIAPHRAGM

43028 43028-1058 DIAPHRAGM,MASTER CYLINDER

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doh! I was at work thinking..."Ya know, I don't think I put my bike info in my post and I bet I'm going to get roasted for this cause I should know better..."

I got off much easier than I thought and to boot Tina can read minds! Thanks so much for the info. I've been doing a 24k mile service piecemeal. So far I've changed the oil, oil filter, and coolant, adjusted the valves, cleaned and adjusted the carbs, modified my airbox, filled up my battery, and cleaned the air filter. Next on the list is to work on the brakes, fork, and steering bearings.

BTW, is there a generic steering stem nut wrench that I could pick up at advance auto, etc. or do I need to order the Kawasaki specific tool? Thanks, Taro

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
You can probably buy a generic one at a parts place.

And you're welcome. You owe me $79.99 for the psychic reading, though! :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys have been so generous with me. It's most appreciated. I wish I lived near you so I could at least help out with the move! Good luck with it.

PS-some of my favorite people have been called psychotic.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Thanks. I hope you get everything done on your bike. If you have any more arguments,...uh, I means questions, post them up!

·
Make Mine Pure BHP
1,174 Posts
BTW, is there a generic steering stem nut wrench that I could pick up at advance auto, etc. or do I need to order the Kawasaki specific tool?
I doubt it - I've never seen one. The ones I have purchased from Kawi have been fairly cheap ($20-$30 range). I consider that cheap in the overall scheme of things as one wrench I have been able to use on several bikes, including dirt, helping/bartering with your friends, etc.

Motion Pro makes some but I haven't had any experience with them (although I have other tools by Motion Pro & they are OK). I think they are primarily make for dirt since they say "some sportbikes." If I have to spend $35 for a wrench that might work OK vs. $40 for one that does the job correctly, the wallet is $40 lighter...

:cool:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, thanks for the info. I just assumed that if it was a Kawi specific tool, it was going to cost an arm and a leg, but $40 I can deal with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts