Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 83' GPZ needs a good set of brakes before i put her on the road. . . lets start with the rear.
-The rear brakes will bleed nicely and hold pressure for a few minutes, but then leave me without any braking after that. . . what might the problem be?
-The front brakes don't seem to want to hold any pressure, i've checked all the lines, and the fluid is flowing, replaced the calipers and the master cylinder <all used parts> They seem to want to bleed off, but do not ever build any pressure, what am i doing wrong, me nor my dad can figure it out.

any info appreciated, thanks.

-Jason

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It sounds as if your brake lines may be bad, banjo bolt is loose? Air is getting into your line. My banjo bolt was loose in the rear and got air into the line and my rear brake was like jelly. Once the banjo bolt was tightened to spec and the line was rid of air bubbles - all good.

If you are bleeding your brakes from the banjo bolt, added enough brake fluid to not add air into the line and have pumped them several times until no bubbles appear, that would be my guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if it doesn't build any pressure it can be something wrong with the pump. try changing all the gaskets and check the pump cylinder for damage (scratches & stuff)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts